How quickly do they cancel a booking after final payment deadline?

Eli_6

The final payment on my cruise is due tomorrow. I wanted to wait until Monday to make my final payment because it starts a new year for my credit card for $ accumulation. (It is on anniversary of the card rather than the 1st of the year and if I spend so much, I get a friend fly free ticket...which, for the past two years, I have redeemed a free business class round trip ticket to Europe for my "friend" which has saved me quite a bit. I have already hit the dollar amount for this year so I want this big purchase to go to 2023-24.) So, I called Carnival and asked to delay final payment until Monday.  They said fine and said my new payment deadline is Monday, Jan 23rd. However, the old payment deadline of tomorrow is still showing on my booking online which has me concerned. 

If for some reason my new payment deadline somehow didn't get recorded with Carnival, how quickly will they cancel that booking?  I do not want to call Carnival back again and explain all of this again.  I already feel like I am being an OCD "miles" person as is.  

EDIT:  Never mind. Just got an email from Carnival with the updated payment deadline. I guess it took awhile for the system to update.

Edited by Eli_6
  • Like 1

That was very nice for Carnival to grant you a 48 hour extension. I trust you appreciate that they were under no obligation. Note to others: I've seen it recommended that you pay 1-2 days early. Good advice. That cancelation can literally be ON the deadline day.