Excursions/Ports Tahiti 7 Day Windstar

fravenstore

First time in Tahiti and first time on Windstar. Booked for May on a seven day.

Interested in any opinions on the best ports for excursions.  I'm guessing (having never been there) that some ports may have more to do "on your own" just walking/relaxing and some ports may have less to do just hanging out.  Assuming that's true, it would seem I'd want to buy an excursion at the "less to do on your own" ports and wander aimlessly on the "more to do ports".  I could be thinking incorrectly and would like some opinions as I do my planning.

Also, I'd assume when you are having a long stay, like on Bora Bora, since one does not need to be concerned about the ship sailing away on you, that buying a less expensive local tour directly would be a good bet.

Appreciate any insight. 

We’re going in March.  We’ve been once before on Princess about 20 years ago.  A good place to look here is on the Ports of Call area for the Pacific Islands, and on the roll call section, even if you have no one else on your roll call you can read the populated roll calls and see tours.  We’re doing about a 50/50 split between Windstar and private things we found in those two forums.  Cheers.

We loved the  Dr. Poole excursion with the dolphins, absolutely wonderful. We also swam with the sharks  and rays and loved it. On Huahine we did the Moai tour, historical museum, we walked up to the Moai ruins and saw the blue eyed eels, great day. The only tour which was a total disappointment was the Bora Bora, we do not like over touristy tours, that was one, Bora Bora least favorite island prettier from the sea than on land. Loved Tahiti. Happy Sailing

On 1/21/2023 at 2:47 PM, Strenz said:

We loved the  Dr. Poole excursion with the dolphins, absolutely wonderful. We also swam with the sharks  and rays and loved it. On Huahine we did the Moai tour, historical museum, we walked up to the Moai ruins and saw the blue eyed eels, great day. The only tour which was a total disappointment was the Bora Bora, we do not like over touristy tours, that was one, Bora Bora least favorite island prettier from the sea than on land. Loved Tahiti. Happy Sailing

Good afternoon - might you have a contact for Dr Poole please ?  I am on his website http://www.drmichaelpoole.com/tours.htm  but don't see anywhere to click to book - thank you for any help