Is this a new cutback, lobster only on sailings of 7 nights or longer, none in Asia, Europe or Australia?

NutsAboutGolf

Recently on the Silhouette and paid the 25.00 surcharge for the lobster tail willingly. I just happen to love it so it's worth it to ME....UNTIL IT ARRIVED...it was billed as a 6 oz lobster tail (small enough) but arrived at about the size of a 4 oz...I no longer "feel the need" LOL 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I would not get too upset if there is no lobster, I just got off Edge and I’m mad I did not take a picture, it was the saddest looking smallest little lobster I have ever seen, two bites at most. So enjoy what they have and know you are not missing much.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, gizmodog said:

I would not get too upset if there is no lobster, I just got off Edge and I’m mad I did not take a picture, it was the saddest looking smallest little lobster I have ever seen, two bites at most. So enjoy what they have and know you are not missing much.

Get 4 lobsters and make a lobster cocktail. 😄 😄 😄 😄 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 1/27/2023 at 7:36 AM, NMTraveller said:

I think that it is the totality of the cuts and how do we navigate around them.

Room service menu cuts.

MDR menus cuts.

Nighttime OVC cuts.

Lobster night cuts.

Specialty restaurant price hikes (very high)

The quality of food onboard does factor into whether I book a cruise or not.

I guess we dpn't need to worry about "navigating around" the cuts.

Room service - never used it.

OVC for dinner - never used it.

Lobster night cuts - never ordered a second tail anyway. Even in Blu and Luminae it's not generally worth it.

Specialty restaurants - were never worth the price (except Eden on Apex).

MDR menu cuts - I don't see anything substantial there.

None of these "cuts" really seem to affect quality, just quantity. However, we did notice a decrease in the quality of cooking and ingredients between two B2B cruises in December, and those do affect us.

Edited by mahasamatman

23 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Yes.   In the pre-COVID days, the Assistant Maitre d' took care of that.  During our first only post-COVID cruise (Constellation TA late last year), the waiter did it.

On my Equinox B2B earlier this month you took it out of the shell yourself.  Actually mine was already out of the shell as I asked for it on a Caesar Salad and it came out with it cut up on top.   The rest of the table had to fend for themselves.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

On my Equinox B2B earlier this month you took it out of the shell yourself.  Actually mine was already out of the shell as I asked for it on a Caesar Salad and it came out with it cut up on top.   The rest of the table had to fend for themselves.

Will they take it out of the shell,  cut it up and put it on the Caesar Salad?