Panorama (Long Beach) Cheaper than $1800 (+ tax) wedding on Carnival or near port?

ashkir

Hi all! My sister wants to get married on the ship, but I don't think we can make it happen. It's $1800. There's 8 of us (Sister & fiancé, two kids, mom and dad, me and my partner). I am ordained so could totally perform anything. However, it looks like you cannot book any private events in any small rooms (even as small as the library) on embarkation day. The only option are the wedding packages. My sister is very low income and my dad paid for the cruise for her. 

Does anyone have any ideas how we can do this cheaper on the ship, or near then Long Beach port? I looked at Mexico but don't think there's enough time to do all the courthouse thing. Legally, as long as we're within 2 miles of California's coast, anything I officiate would be legal. Everyone just wants something simple, no reception, nothing extra. Sister and fiancé are sober, so they don't even want alcohol. We don't need any local officiant, photographer, DJ, etc. 

On the bright side, this will be my first trip that I haven't been in school for after 28 long years of schooling! (K-12, BA, MA #1, MA #2, and doctorate). 

Congratulations to you on your doctorate and felicitations to your sister on her wedding!  Have you talked to anyone in the Wedding Department at Carnival?

"Call 1-800-933-4968 or email us at weddings@carnival.com to speak to a wedding planner."

Maybe there is something they can do to provide a bare bones, "econo" version of the wedding package?  They may be willing to work with you.  Good luck!🙂

ShoreLine Aquatic Park is fairly close to the cruise terminal. (You can see the ships in the distance.) There’s a lighthouse up sort of on a hill, and the grass was very green when I was there in November. Not sure how people-y it might be, if that matters.

DA4F4877-5137-449D-B9E5-E08EA825DCC8.jpeg

22FCB84A-3173-440C-8E22-EA9B48337671.jpeg

Edited by def0715

• 3 weeks later...

So what we did was legally got married first and then did a "vow renewal" through Carnival. It was waaaaay cheaper. We had a regular wedding with a chapel, the captain officiated, and then it also include a 1 hour reception with appetizers, cake, and an open bar for our 30 guests. It was like $800 and we did one of the higher end plans. This was 9 years ago though, so no idea what pricing is like now.

5 hours ago, QABri said:

So what we did was legally got married first and then did a "vow renewal" through Carnival. It was waaaaay cheaper. We had a regular wedding with a chapel, the captain officiated, and then it also include a 1 hour reception with appetizers, cake, and an open bar for our 30 guests. It was like $800 and we did one of the higher end plans. This was 9 years ago though, so no idea what pricing is like now.

Great idea!