?s Re: Cruise ship port docks in St. Lucia

mlbcruiser

We have been to St. Lucia before a couple of times but it’s been many years. I know there were two cruise ship docs in Castries. One is La Carenage (I THINK) which os pretty much right by downtown. The other one is a bit north of there. Not sure yet which port our ship will dock at. 

Looking for information on how long the piers  are at both of these port docks,  and how long the walks are for most large ship passengers to reach areas with tour pick ups, etc. Also wondering where catamaran and other boats dock to pick up their tour passengers?  Usually a long or short walk from the ships? If these areas require a long walk, is there any on pier transportation to the land edge of the piers? 

Thank  so much for any information!

5 hours ago, mlbcruiser said:

We have been to St. Lucia before a couple of times but it’s been many years. I know there were two cruise ship docs in Castries. One is La Carenage (I THINK) which os pretty much right by downtown. The other one is a bit north of there. Not sure yet which port our ship will dock at. 

Looking for information on how long the piers  are at both of these port docks,  and how long the walks are for most large ship passengers to reach areas with tour pick ups, etc. Also wondering where catamaran and other boats dock to pick up their tour passengers?  Usually a long or short walk from the ships? If these areas require a long walk, is there any on pier transportation to the land edge of the piers? 

Thank  so much for any information!

La Place Caranage - the one right in downtown, you would have a walk about as long as your ship, not any longer then that 

Boat trips pick up right from the pier, as do other tours. There's not a long pier to reach into the port area, you're straight up to the pier and into the shopping area, etc 

Pointe Seraphine is the other, and again, longest walk would be around the length of your ship.. nothing like St Kitts or Turks and Caicos, etc. Boat trips pick up right at the pier. Ships land tours pick up right from the inside the shopping area.. no long walk or anything..

If one can walk the length of modern mid or large cruise ships, you can handle the docks.

You can see which pier at SLASPA website, Whatsinport, etc.