PROS AND CONS OF COMPLETING VERIFLY WITH VIKING

Fieldofdreams

Would like feedback on completing the Verifly app that Viking contracts with for Airline and Covid related information. Required or necessary? Privacy issues? Alternately can this information just be provided when boarding the ship? Any other information/thoughts would be great. Thank you

Viking now requires it only for a couple of itineraries.  They are listed on the pre-departure pdf, which can be linked to on My Viking Journey. 

Personally, I would not register on the site unless required to do so by Viking or your airline. 

• Like 1

Since Verifly can’t really verify anything, since it has no access to government or private medical records, it is nothing more than a creative service developed by an entrepreneur to make big bucks.

Avoid at all costs. The last thing we need is one more depository of critical personal records than can be compromised by the bad guys.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

Since Verifly can’t really verify anything, since it has no access to government or private medical records, it is nothing more than a creative service developed by an entrepreneur to make big bucks.

Avoid at all costs. The last thing we need is one more depository of critical personal records than can be compromised by the bad guys.

I cannot agree with you more. In fact, it reminded me that I wanted to delete my account and I have now done so and uninstalled the app.  

• Like 1

Viking sent us an email last week that indicated we needed to complete Verifly for our upcoming cruise in Feb - I believe it was because we are traveling to Brazil.  It was a pain but about all I did was upload pictures of our Covid cards, including the last booster.

8 hours ago, Fieldofdreams said:

Thank you to all for your input, we are going to call Viking and see if it preferred or mandatory.

Wait until it gets to be about a month before your cruise or Viking sends you an email to do it.  Requirements are constantly changing.  

Read here: https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-PreCruiseRequirement-All-US_CAN_UK_AU_NZ.pdf

Scroll down to find the countries you will be visiting to see if they require anything.   Viking updates this document frequently.  Why go through the hassle if you don't have to.  

On 1/23/2023 at 3:49 PM, Wander58 said:

Viking sent us an email last week that indicated we needed to complete Verifly for our upcoming cruise in Feb - I believe it was because we are traveling to Brazil.  It was a pain but about all I did was upload pictures of our Covid cards, including the last booster.

We are most likely on the same cruise. VeriFly was very straightforward- we have digital Covid passes in the U.K. and uploaded an existing photo from files for each of us. Compared to other flight / entry requirements for various countries, this was a doddle!

5 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Wait until it gets to be about a month before your cruise or Viking sends you an email to do it.  Requirements are constantly changing.  

Read here: https://docs.vikingcruises.com/pdf/14-PreCruiseRequirement-All-US_CAN_UK_AU_NZ.pdf

Scroll down to find the countries you will be visiting to see if they require anything.   Viking updates this document frequently.  Why go through the hassle if you don't have to.  

Thank you!

16 minutes ago, downsmead said:

We are most likely on the same cruise. VeriFly was very straightforward- we have digital Covid passes in the U.K. and uploaded an existing photo from files for each of us. Compared to other flight / entry requirements for various countries, this was a doddle!

Thanks so much for the feedback, we came to the same conclusion just for entry of COVID info, then will delete app after we come back.