Belize Caves Branch River and 5 Cave Kayaking Excursion?

day-day

I'm looking for feedback on the Belize Caves Branch River and 5 Cave Kayaking Excursion which is listed on shoreexcursioner.

There is no lunch provided so I'd also like to know if there is food available for purchase.

1 hour ago, day-day said:

I'm looking for feedback on the Belize Caves Branch River and 5 Cave Kayaking Excursion which is listed on shoreexcursioner.

There is no lunch provided so I'd also like to know if there is food available for purchase.

I'm too late to edit..  The website is shoreexcursioneer (two e's at the end of the name).

• 1 month later...

I just returned from my cruise and ended up doing this excursion last week.  I took some peanut-butter crackers and pre-packaged trail mix along with a bottle of water with me.  To answer my own question, there was a little time allowed to buy snacks and drinks at the Cave Branch location before leaving back to the ship.  One van group left sooner; I think they had quests that were on a ship that departed sooner than mine.

I was on the Ruby Princess.  Our port time was 8am to 5pm.  I got on the earliest tender to the port; probably arrived about 8:45.  I used the bathroom (I drink a lot at breakfast and I knew we had a fairly long road trip....) then exited the terminal to meet a representative from VIV.  I was walked to the van and waited there with others until everyone arrived.

We departed at about 9:20 and it took about an hour ride.  Inside the van was a little warm to start but cooled off nicely after 10 minutes or so.  It was a 14-passenger van; we had 12.  We made it back to the cruise port at 3:30 so there was no stress with 5pm being the last tender scheduled for the ship.

I enjoyed the excursion and was hoping to do it with a friend on my next cruise but the ship will be going to Costa Maya instead of Belize.  I don't know if the water temperature fluctuates much throughout the year.  This trip was at the end of February and I'd guess the water temperature was 80 to 81 degrees F.  Just a little cool; a quick, little shock when I jumped in.  It is not cold like spring fed water that has just come out of the ground.  The river is out in the open and flows through the caves.

18 hours ago, day-day said:

I just returned from my cruise and ended up doing this excursion last week.  I took some peanut-butter crackers and pre-packaged trail mix along with a bottle of water with me.  To answer my own question, there was a little time allowed to buy snacks and drinks at the Cave Branch location before leaving back to the ship.  One van group left sooner; I think they had quests that were on a ship that departed sooner than mine.

I was on the Ruby Princess.  Our port time was 8am to 5pm.  I got on the earliest tender to the port; probably arrived about 8:45.  I used the bathroom (I drink a lot at breakfast and I knew we had a fairly long road trip....) then exited the terminal to meet a representative from VIV.  I was walked to the van and waited there with others until everyone arrived.

We departed at about 9:20 and it took about an hour ride.  Inside the van was a little warm to start but cooled off nicely after 10 minutes or so.  It was a 14-passenger van; we had 12.  We made it back to the cruise port at 3:30 so there was no stress with 5pm being the last tender scheduled for the ship.

I enjoyed the excursion and was hoping to do it with a friend on my next cruise but the ship will be going to Costa Maya instead of Belize.  I don't know if the water temperature fluctuates much throughout the year.  This trip was at the end of February and I'd guess the water temperature was 80 to 81 degrees F.  Just a little cool; a quick, little shock when I jumped in.  It is not cold like spring fed water that has just come out of the ground.  The river is out in the open and flows through the caves.

Thank you so much.  

• 2 weeks later...