Face Masks

Tablelamp

And that is why we have probably had our last cruise. The chances of catching covid on a ship is massively larger than catching it generally. The research coming out shows that more than one infection can cause serious consequences. I have still a cough and still suffer tiredness since I caught it on Britannia. Why people have this paranoid feeling about wearing a mask amazes me. Anyway, each to his own.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

And that is why we have probably had our last cruise. The chances of catching covid on a ship is massively larger than catching it generally. The research coming out shows that more than one infection can cause serious consequences. I have still a cough and still suffer tiredness since I caught it on Britannia. Why people have this paranoid feeling about wearing a mask amazes me. Anyway, each to his own.

I wonder how many thousands of happy Britannia guests didn't get it. We have had 3 Britannia cruises since lockdown and 3 others, a number of UK and foreign holidays and got it once. That was from DW, who got it in a burger joint in Woking. 

Carry on cruising.🛳

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I wonder how many thousands of happy Britannia guests didn't get it. We have had 3 Britannia cruises since lockdown and 3 others, a number of UK and foreign holidays and got it once. That was from DW, who got it in a burger joint in Woking. 

Carry on cruising.🛳

Not Pizza Express, I hope…….

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Carry on cruising.🛳

I am glad that the cruiselines have passed on to you, alone, their figures for how many people have been on ships when they have or caught covid. Even the Britannia captain admitted (eventually) that there was an outbreak on our cruise. As there are only 70 people who contribute to this blog and at least two have had it on a ship,how can you can say this. Guesswork and opinion only. Carry on cruising..and I hope you never catch it. If you do your cuising days may be over and you will do a massive 'u' turn. 

Edited by Yorkypete
  • Like 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:25 AM, Jennizor said:

This morning we got our coach travel confirmation from Intercruises. They confirm there is no need for a COVID test prior to boarding but masks need to be worn at all times on the coach. That’s fine by us.

I didn't see anyone wearing a mask on intercruise coach last July.

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

I am glad that the cruiselines have passed on to you, alone, their figures for how many people have been on ships when they have or caught covid. Even the Britannia captain admitted (eventually) that there was an outbreak on our cruise. As there are only 70 people who contribute to this blog and at least two have had it on a ship,how can you can say this. Guesswork and opinion only. Carry on cruising..and I hope you never catch it. If you do your cuising days may be over and you will do a massive 'u' turn. 

No ‘U’ turn for me….

I caught COVID on a Celebrity cruise in April last year.

I have done 3 more cruises since then and I have 3 more booked for this year.

As the saying goes ‘que sera sera’….at 75 yrs old life is too short.

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Yorkypete said:

When I use the term ' I wonder '. It means I don't know, 2 out of 70 is hardly an epidemic, now many in total ?. I don't know. We booked another cruise this morning. No guess work....... I wonder.🤔

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

No ‘U’ turn for me….

I caught COVID on a Celebrity cruise in April last year.

I have done 3 more cruises since then and I have 3 more booked for this year.

As the saying goes ‘que sera sera’….at 75 yrs old life is too short.

Wonderful. Life is to enjoy.🥳😁

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, zap99 said:

When I use the term ' I wonder '. It means I don't know, 2 out of 70 is hardly an epidemic, now many in total ?. I don't know. We booked another cruise this morning. No guess work....... I wonder.🤔

Wonder no longer. On the Sept cruise on Britannia there was an outbreak...so much so that the captain, medical staff on board and the Chief Med Officer of Carnival all ordered the compulsory wearing of masks.. 

Just now, Yorkypete said:

Wonder no longer. On the Sept cruise on Britannia there was an outbreak...so much so that the captain, medical staff on board and the Chief Med Officer of Carnival all ordered the compulsory wearing of masks.. 

But there wasn't in October, so all is OK. We won't be booking anymore. That's 3 booked for this year. No more.....Well perhaps.

• Like 4

It is everyone's personal  choice whether or not to wear masks.  We both caught covid last year.  Neither of us actually had symptoms on the ship but on the day that we were driving DH felt poorly and when we did LFTs the next day we were both positive but we don't know where we caught covid, it could have been on the ship or in shops, restaurants etc ashore.

• Like 1