Ziplocks, NCL is turning cruisers into squirrels

skeeter195

2 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Is it luck. Or hard work and preparation ?    

Could be both, but I know I'm grateful to have been born in a country where I can take things like clean running water and dependable infrastructure for granted. That isn't the case across the world.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCGuy64 said:

Could be both, but I know I'm grateful to have been born in a country where I can take things like clean running water and dependable infrastructure for granted. That isn't the case across the world.

But it is across the world.  It’s all about the world you make it.   
why are there people across the world that have everything.money good housing and infrastructure . And some don’t ????    There’s always a way to get out of the slums.   Hard work and determination.    
But this is a discussion for another thread.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Absolutely! And yes, we should all be grateful to have been born here. And even more grateful to be fortunate enough to be in a place where we can afford to cruise, even once a year.

I'll put my bet on luck...too many hard working people that never really get ahead (look at the majority of cruise ship crew as an example). Hardest working folk I know! 

Alas, let us return to the discussion of Ziplocs and squirrels. Maybe I'll put some M&M's in a Ziploc on my next cruise to take on my shore excursion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cruise5life said:

But this is a discussion for another thread.  

Agree with you there, I just think it's inappropriate to characterize a child not getting a snack at night as "going hungry" or "starving." I remember a Mad magazine comic once many years where a rich kid who lived in a house with 2 kitchens said "with so many kitchens, I don't know where my next meal is coming from." LOL

3 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'll put my bet on luck...too many hard working people that never really get ahead (look at the majority of cruise ship crew as an example). Hardest working folk I know! 

Exactly. I suppose if I asked crew members on my next cruise if they think we've got it good in the West and whether things are tougher where they come from, the answer would be obvious. And by no means does that suggest people who've paid good money for a cruise can't expect to get they paid for, of course they can. But being deprived of a late night snack hardly suggests dying of hunger, let's be real.

Edited by DCGuy64

7 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Alas, let us return to the discussion of Ziplocs and squirrels. Maybe I'll put some M&M's in a Ziploc on my next cruise to take on my shore excursion. 

At certain ports, you might have to toss those M&M's in the trash. If the drug/food sniffing dog gets a hit, you'll be asked to empty your bag/pockets and toss whatever isn't allowed.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

I came from one of those hungry countries 32 years ago (exact half of my life is here, in US).  When I'm hungry, I don't force myself to go to the stage of starvation only in order to not feel guilty (I actually can easily stay (and sometimes do it) not eating from a noon's meal until next day's dinner time, but that's beyond of topic).  It's a typical for an average parent to support their child when that child expresses a "hunger" stance ("I wouldn't mind to eat some protein potentially with grains if it's available, please." is not a common expression from a child versus "I'm hungry.").

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

At certain ports, you might have to toss those M&M's in the trash. If the drug/food sniffing dog gets a hit, you'll be asked to empty your bag/pockets and toss whatever isn't allowed.

Only if I can pet the dog is this allowed!