March 2023 Cruises on Soltice

mcrcruiser

It's the first full season out of LA. Slow start. I don't know if Celebrity has ever had a full season presence out of Los Angeles? The itineraries are also very bland on top of frequent news from Mexico that may scare away some people. 

These cruises are the equivalent of a "movie for a rained out ballgame."  Solstice usually spends the Northern winter in Asia/Australia, but because of the uncertainty there Celebrity chose to do these LA cruises instead.

To say they aren't selling is an understatement, I think the current one has 700 onboard.

Next year Solstice will be back in Asia/Australia and these cruises will not be offered.

28 minutes ago, BOB999 said:

These cruises are the equivalent of a "movie for a rained out ballgame."  Solstice usually spends the Northern winter in Asia/Australia, but because of the uncertainty there Celebrity chose to do these LA cruises instead.

To say they aren't selling is an understatement, I think the current one has 700 onboard.

Next year Solstice will be back in Asia/Australia and these cruises will not be offered.

Yes we do understand that Soltice  will be back into the Australian to Hawaii & Hawaii to Vancouver  area  markets once things settle down .However  X  has a vast market presence that is why it is amazing . But ,if they sail with less people that can make it better for us over all 

Since we no longer fly ,we sail Holland America & Princess   because we can drive to each port in a short time & we are Elite Plus with X 

We thank you for your reply as it does makes sense now

Edited by mcrcruiser

Yep, I'm taking one of these as well.  First time not having to fly is very nice.  The relatively low passenger count is a welcome bonus from an experience perspective.

Reading a few of the roll calls makes it sound like there are a lot of Blue Chip comps.   

We also took advantage of a BCC comp for an April sailing...wouldn't have gone otherwise as the Mexican Riviera is generally meh, but LA is close and it was "free".

I will note that a Princess sailing on the Discovery on the same itinerary that we took last October was packed full.  Apparently Princess has more loyal customers on the West coast than Celebrity.

Living in SoCal we jumped on these BCC offers, Celebrity is our favorite cruise line though we are perfectly fine with Princess, HAL, RC.  No flying was a huge factor although we have been on this itinerary multiple times. Like previously mentioned, the Solstice is here through default of it's Asian route cancelled. So it's not an established line here like Princess, HAL and Carnival. We were on it in early November and it sailed may 50% and it's looking like that for our March 4th cruise.