Adding a guest

I think I know the answer to this question, but just thought I'd ask to be sure.

If we add a guest to our room (assuming space will allow), does the cruise get repriced at current rates? On the flip side, if a guest is dropped from a cabin, does the remaining passenger's cruise get repriced at current rates?

Just trying to figure out our options if one of our cruisers in our party doesn't cruise. We booked on opening day, and prices have skyrocketed since.

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

If we add a guest to our room (assuming space will allow), does the cruise get repriced at current rates? On the flip side, if a guest is dropped from a cabin, does the remaining passenger's cruise get repriced at current rates?

As mentioned above, it depends on what kind of cabin you already have and how many are already booked.

My SIL just added another person to a room that originally was only for 2, so she got a different room but same type of cabin. Give me a minute to ask her what she was charged. Hang on. She doesn't answer her phone in a timely manner. LOL!

OK, she said that, since she needed to switch rooms, they repriced the cruise at current prices for that room with 3 people but under the same reservation number. This is on the Serenade. Now, when I just moved to a regular OV balcony to an accessible OV balcony, I did not have to pay the increased current prices and everything stayed the same but I did not add or subtract anyone.

Hope that helps a little maybe!

Edited by SilkySal
add

4 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

My SIL just added another person to a room that originally was only for 2, so she got a different room but same type of cabin. Give me a minute to ask her what she was charged. Hang on. She doesn't answer her phone in a timely manner. LOL!

Thanks

Just now, erinsmom03 said:

It’s a JS with 2, that we would add a 3rd person. The room can fit 3 according to the deck plans. 

I should have said it may also depend on who you get at RCI as they or may not reprice it - dropping a person should be safer from repricing. @Ourusualbeach may have better info.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

It’s a JS with 2, that we would add a 3rd person. The room can fit 3 according to the deck plans. 

I've only ever added a 4th to a room that had 3 and that has always been at the same rate that the third was paying.

I would call and ask, if they tell you that it would be xxx for the 3rd with no changes to the first 2 then take it, if they are telling you the first 2 will change then hang up and call back.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I've only ever added a 4th to a room that had 3 and that has always been at the same rate that the third was paying.

I would call and ask, if they tell you that it would be xxx for the 3rd with no changes to the first 2 then take it, if they are telling you the first 2 will change then hang up and call back.

Thanks Ken! I am really hoping that we do to have to add… I’ve gotten used to not having our daughter share our room. And of course, no 2 bedroom GS left… even though the cruise isn’t until June 2024. 

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Thanks Ken! I am really hoping that we do to have to add… I’ve gotten used to not having our daughter share our room. And of course, no 2 bedroom GS left… even though the cruise isn’t until June 2024. 

We've been years since having to share a room with one of the kids.  Last year we had a CLS and our son suddenly found out he could go so we added him (actually just reminded me that it was at 3rd guest rate with no reprice).  Definitely different once your used to just the 2 of you.

53 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

We've been years since having to share a room with one of the kids.  Last year we had a CLS and our son suddenly found out he could go so we added him (actually just reminded me that it was at 3rd guest rate with no reprice).  Definitely different once your used to just the 2 of you.

Definitely debating what we should do here. Even considering the 2 bedroom suite without a balcony (old concierge lounge?). I absolutely love a balcony… but couldn’t enjoy much in Alaska, especially in the evenings/early mornings. So would I miss the balcony? Would it be better than sharing a room with our almost 21 year old daughter for a 12 night cruise? 😂 

8 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Definitely debating what we should do here. Even considering the 2 bedroom suite without a balcony (old concierge lounge?). I absolutely love a balcony… but couldn’t enjoy much in Alaska, especially in the evenings/early mornings. So would I miss the balcony? Would it be better than sharing a room with our almost 21 year old daughter for a 12 night cruise? 😂 

Inside room with visiting privileges?

8 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Inside room with visiting privileges?

I would consider it if she was sharing a room. Not sure how I feel about her by herself in a room. Right now she is sharing a balcony room with a friend. The friend’s parents are booked in another room. The dad might not be able to go now. So we are trying to come up with the best solution for everyone that won’t cost too much.