Returning to Regent after many years… with a bunch of questions :)

cruiseej

8 minutes ago, ddsun1 said:

Looking forward to our Splendor cruise this August, London to Reykjavik.  Booked our own air:  United Newark to London, return Reykjavik to Newark.  Just received an email from United that the Reykjavik - Newark flight has changed to Reykjavik - Chicago and Chicago - Newark.  We wanted nonstop flights only.

Has anyone flown Icelandair?  If so, any comments?

Flew last July from Reykjavik (REK) to D.C. (IAD) on Icelandair in BC. As noted above their BC is like domestic FC - OK for the 3 of us on a 6-hour flight. Their BC lounge in REK was spacious (but full) with good food and nice seating. REK was a "zoo", maybe because it was a holiday weekend. Also we had to go through security twice, once just after exiting the BC lounge! 

If extra WiFi devices are important to you, I suggest checking the pricing between Superior and Concierge. Concierge comes with four log-ins, Superior just one. So, the pre cruise hotel, transfers and extra devices may be worth it. Enjoy!

• Like 1

@asnaleah Thanks for noting that difference. With the free two-category upgrade promotion, we ended up just booking a Penthouse suite, but only paying for a Concierge suite — and with the additional 20% discount promotion, plus the SSS discount, we're paying less than the lowest verandah suite price. We've never booked a Penthouse suite before, but this promotion seemed too good to pass up! (Yes, we could have saved money with all the same promotions and a lower-level suite, but we saved so much more money this way! 🤣  Seriously, the free 2-category upgrade from a Superior to Concierge saves $700 per person, while a 2-category upgrade from Concierge to Penthouse saves $2,700 per person.) 

Now, we're struggling with piecing together flights to and from Iceland. I didn't realize it would be so difficult 7 months out. There are a lot fewer flights than our previous trip to Iceland 5 years ago, and those from the US east coast are mostly in planes which do not have business class cabins. We're going to see what Regent Air can come up with; it they can find something I'm not seeing, we'll stay with the included Regent Air, otherwise we might take the air credit ($2,650 per person) and book our own air and transfers; there's no sense spending that much on air through Regent unless they can get us business class and a decent routing.

And we're scrambling to read all the shore excursion descriptions, since we're already late for booking those; I'm concerned that many of the excursions may be fully booked. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, asnaleah said:

If extra WiFi devices are important to you, I suggest checking the pricing between Superior and Concierge. Concierge comes with four log-ins, Superior just one. So, the pre cruise hotel, transfers and extra devices may be worth it. Enjoy!

I believe number of wi-fi devices is based on SSS status rather than type of suite

I do think the type of suite factors into the number of log-ins. Perhaps the loyalty status allows for a discount on extra devices. I will try to find the language on the website.

Edited by asnaleah

Concierge 

• FREE Valet Laundry Service
  • FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package Including:
    - FREE Ground Transfers
    - FREE Breakfast
    - FREE Porterage
  • INCLUDED & UNLIMITED WiFi includes up to four logins, four devices, per suite
  • Luxurious Bath Amenities
  • Interactive Flat-Screen Television and Direct-Dial Satellite Phone
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer

• Regent Plush Bathrobes and Slippers

• Personalized In-Suite Mini-Bar Set-Up
  • Priority Online Shore Excursions and Dining Reservations

• 10% Discount on Premium Wine and Liquor

• 5% savings on Pre- or Post-Cruise Hotel or Land Programs

• 5% savings on Regent Choice Shore Excursions

Superior

• FREE Unlimited WiFi includes one log-in, one device, per suite*
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer

Unlimited for 4 devices kicks in at gold status. 

Edited by asnaleah

11 hours ago, asnaleah said:

Concierge 

• FREE 1-Night Pre-Cruise Hotel Package Including:
    - FREE Ground Transfers
    - FREE Breakfast
    - FREE Porterage
  • INCLUDED & UNLIMITED WiFi includes up to four logins, four devices, per suite
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer

• Priority Online Shore Excursions and Dining Reservations

• 10% Discount on Premium Wine and Liquor

• 5% savings on Pre- or Post-Cruise Hotel or Land Programs

• 5% savings on Regent Choice Shore Excursions

Superior

• FREE Unlimited WiFi includes one log-in, one device, per suite*
  • Vanity and Hair Dryer

Unlimited for 4 devices kicks in at gold status. 

Will concede to that list.  Will say those words do not always appear in the brochures/booklets - and they do appear in the SSS listings.  No matter - believe we are fairly in agreement.  Have a good day

15 hours ago, carolina cruisin said:

I believe number of wi-fi devices is based on SSS status rather than type of suite

It’s actually based on both. Concierge and above come with multiple WiFi logins. Also SSS Gold status and above provides multiple WiFi logins. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2