COVID. Testing

cabinluvn

Just looked up the requirements for our March 10 SA cruise. I guess I thought all testing was a thing of the past, but it says they need a negative test uploaded to VeriFly 3 days before embarkation. It says “medically observed or home PCR test. I looked at the covid tests from the government and cannot tell if those are PCR tests or not. Anyone know? And if they are, how do you upload the results to Verifly?

8 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

Just looked up the requirements for our March 10 SA cruise. I guess I thought all testing was a thing of the past, but it says they need a negative test uploaded to VeriFly 3 days before embarkation. It says “medically observed or home PCR test. I looked at the covid tests from the government and cannot tell if those are PCR tests or not. Anyone know? And if they are, how do you upload the results to Verifly?

The "normal" home tests are not PCR test - they are rapid antigen tests.

Read the text again.  It should allow self administered PCR or antigen test. The verbiage is a bit convoluted. If I recall correctly the only place where you will need a medically observed test is Canada and they aren’t sailing there yet 

21 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Read the text again.  It should allow self administered PCR or antigen test. The verbiage is a bit convoluted. If I recall correctly the only place where you will need a medically observed test is Canada and they aren’t sailing there yet 

I presume spellcheck turned something else into "Canada"? 🍺🥌

30 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

I presume spellcheck turned something else into "Canada"? 🍺🥌

No, Canada has not changed their Covid policy since the last sailing season.   The season opens late April so fingers crossed Canada will update their policy to the lower standard

46 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

They are sailing from Canada. We sailed to Alaska from Canada. You needed a negative test to enter the country

2 hours ago, cabinluvn said:

There are no South American cruises leaving from Canada on March 10th.  The protocols aren’t out yet.  Did I miss something? 

72CAF946-FB1F-4C31-B9E4-B002A5CC99F2.thumb.jpeg.9c6dec9e0c32c3717c6c46fa1ebc7180.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

No, Canada has not changed their Covid policy since the last sailing season.   The season opens late April so fingers crossed Canada will update their policy to the lower standard

Canadian policy changed late last year (October) - testing requirements removed. Other than some air arrival from China / Hong Kong restrictions, there are no others.

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid 🍺🥌

No, I was saying that in May, sailing from Canada required proof of negative covid test to enter the country to sail on HAL to Alaska. HAL did not require it, Canada did. We are sailing from Bueos Aires in March and HAL requires a negative covid test to board. I thought covid tests to sail was a thing of the past, but apparently not

1 minute ago, cabinluvn said:

No, I was saying that in May, sailing from Canada required proof of negative covid test to enter the country to sail on HAL to Alaska. HAL did not require it, Canada did. We are sailing from Bueos Aires in March and HAL requires a negative covid test to board. I thought covid tests to sail was a thing of the past, but apparently not

But the protocols aren’t out yet. (See screenshot). But if you want to do a search, country by country, keeping in mind that things might change, you can check on SHERPA.

12 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

There are no South American cruises leaving from Canada on March 10th.  The protocols aren’t out yet.  Did I miss something? 

72CAF946-FB1F-4C31-B9E4-B002A5CC99F2.thumb.jpeg.9c6dec9e0c32c3717c6c46fa1ebc7180.jpeg

16 minutes ago, cabinluvn said:

Requirements for sailing the South America Cruise. I think it is a HAL requirement, not a country requirement

D756EE36-7316-452B-B469-7332C6172DC6.png

Oh, gotcha.  Sorry.  I was entering an 0 instead of an O for the voyage number.  It’s a self-administered antigen.  The government tests are fine.  We used them for our September sailing.

00CE4354-181B-4CEA-88BF-05B756BEA4FB.thumb.jpeg.eaad3bb2156969150f6b1f15d5743cde.jpeg

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 2