Which beach?

We are looking for a beach day.  We are not snorkelers.  Two of us just like to relax on the beach with a cocktail.  The third person enjoys water sports like jet ski is.  From the port, we can take a water taxi to Great Bay, a short cab ride to Divi, or should we go to Orient, Mullet, or Grand Case Beach?  Thanks.

I'd go to Little Divi Bay.   Everything you're looking for and easy to get to.  Orient is a very long beach and checks your boxes, but further away and the quiet sections aren't near the water sports vendors..  I don't recall Mullet having jet ski or water sports, but been awhile.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crazy planning mom said:

We are looking for a beach day.  We are not snorkelers.  Two of us just like to relax on the beach with a cocktail.  The third person enjoys water sports like jet ski is.  From the port, we can take a water taxi to Great Bay, a short cab ride to Divi, or should we go to Orient, Mullet, or Grand Case Beach?  Thanks.

For one’s exact requirements, then @crewsweeper gave excellent advice.  Take Divi….

Don’t even think of going to jet ski at Great Bay, aka the sewer.  I for one would not even put a toe in the water there……

If in the future, one goes to Orient for a more genteel ambiance, then consider Coco….

• Like 2

I like Grand Case.  The water is clean and calm, no seaweed.  We usually make a reservation at Rainbow Café for Loungers and Umbrella.  The drink service is good and the restaurant is excellent.  We are going in two weeks.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vppro said:

I like Grand Case.  The water is clean and calm, no seaweed.  We usually make a reservation at Rainbow Café for Loungers and Umbrella.  The drink service is good and the restaurant is excellent.  We are going in two weeks.

Rainbow Cafe looks nice but expensive.  Are all the restaurants on Grand Case Beach expensive?   Is there jetski rental nearby?  Are cabs readily available?

Edited by Crazy planning mom

It appears one requires a beach bar with jet ski venue attached, having a menu possibly at a lower price point than quality beach restaurants.  

There is only one establishment that comes to mind, this is Bikini on Orient Beach. 

Plenty of taxis out and return.  Have no other information.  

Wish one luck in finding a place fitting all one’s criteria.

10 minutes ago, nimbex1970 said:

@Crazy planning mom are you looking at your dollar exchange when viewing prices?

Good point @nimbex1970   The prices are in Euros.  It's 24 euros for guacamole and chips.   I live in NY, one of the most expensive states, and it's cheaper.  Rainbow Cafe does look nice though.  Perhaps, we just rent chairs and get drinks, and share the guac and chips.  It also like like there may be food trucks in the area.

I know there are taxis by the port but maybe, we are better off pre-arranging with one of the more reputable companies.

Edited by Crazy planning mom

ok, it's been a bit since I have been there.  but if you are semi active, you can walk along the beach and view the menus and prices at orient, multiple places that serve food and have loungers there.  To get to jet skis, it was a walk and I am unsure if they are even offered anymore. 

Great bay is a sewage dump, skip that one. Sorry that's all the advice I can provide.  

• Like 1