Perks to booking a future cruise while onboard

KKB

Other then purchasing a future cruise deposit there are no perks for booking on board.   We sometimes book a cruise and then move it to our travel agent.    I think once in the last 25 years Princess offered some additional credit for booking.  I would love to hear if anyone else has ever been offered any perks for booking on board. 

On board you can either actually book a cruise or purchase $100 Future Cruise Certificates which can be used as a deposit for a cruise within two years and, if not used, refunded at the end of two years.

Either way, the benefit (besides the FCC being a full deposit) is OBC on the future voyage with the amount ranging from $15 to $150 per person, the amount depending on the length of the voyage and the type of cabin booked.

In the past there have been a very few times that the OBC amount would be doubled if certain cruises were booked.

Pricing for any on board booking are exactly the same as if you made the same booking with Princess that day from home. However any booking you make on board that is not past final payment can be transferred within 60 days to your Travel Agent who may or may not give you a discount price for the booking.

The only real price bargain on board is if you are on a cruise and they want you to book the next segment instead of disembarking at the end of the cruise.

Way back around 20 years ago they had a few deals of doubling the FCC credit. It was only for a few ships & sailings. 

Other than that OBC there isn't anything that I know about that would make me book onboard.

I've also heard of them offering a real good fare a few times to remain onboard when your sailing terminated, but that also hasn't happened for quite a while.  

I remember something about "Guaranteed Low Price" when booking on-board.  So if the price for your cabin drops before sailing you (after a call to Princess or your TA) get that lower price.

But I sail on different lines.  And I read about booking offers here on CC.  And I'm old.  So I may have mis-attributed this offer to on-board Princess bookings.

Have I?

--Marne