Havila voyages - Do they book through Travel Agents for US guests?

oakridger

My TA here in California told me she is having difficulties connecting with Havila to book my trip.  I'm her first client to request Havila but she has booked trips with Hurtigruten as have I with a different TA.  

Has anyone used a TA for Havila?  If not possible, I guess I'll just do it myself online.

Thank you....Tussen tak,

~Nancy

18 hours ago, oakridger said:

My TA here in California told me she is having difficulties connecting with Havila to book my trip.  I'm her first client to request Havila but she has booked trips with Hurtigruten as have I with a different TA.  

Has anyone used a TA for Havila?  If not possible, I guess I'll just do it myself online.

Thank you....Tussen tak,

~Nancy

I booked myself, but since you haven't gotten a reply...I saw a post on TripAdvisor about someone from CO who booked through an agent (I think it was the same person who posted here about the cancellation).  However, I don't see anything on Havila's site about a special access for agents, and the website has been a work in progress, though I think they're doing a good job on it as it gains more features.

One difficulty is the time difference...from their contact info, their customer service is open our (Pacific US) time weekdays from midnight to 8 AM, Saturday from 1AM-6AM, probably not when most travel agents are at work 8^).  Their contact page shows no 800 or US numbers, so you have to use the Norway number +47-7000-7070.  Email does work but one time it took a few days for me, other times it was quick.  They were always polite and helpful.

I booked back in Feb. 2021 from the website, chose the slightly-more-expensive changeable/refundable option, and the deposit was very reasonable, and payment wasn't due until about a month ago, so I had no problems with booking online.

BUT, I'm doing all the planning and legwork on this trip so it's a lot more work than using an agent, but kind of fun to discover all the ins and outs.  If your agent can't get in, maybe it would work that you made the reservation then turned it over to them for the rest (?)

Lykke til!

Oh gosh, thank you for the detailed information.  Since I'm a night owl anyway I'm going to give them a call shortly (1am Pacific Time is 10am Norway time) and ask.  My TA had sent them two emails but hadn't gotten a response for 7 days so far!  They are probably busy rebooking all the people on the cancelled Polaris dates, but I would think they could answer an email.  Anyway, I'll find out soon.

I'll come back and let you know what I find out regarding the Travel Agents.

~Nancy

@Flyinby I called Havila at 01:10 a while ago and after holding for about 5-6 minutes a very nice and helpful man answered.  Yes, they work with some travel agents but the TA needs to set up the agreement with Havila.  He recommended they do so by email due to the time difference for their working hours.  I told him my TA hadn't gotten a response to her email.  He asked for the email address and found it immediately.  He said he'll put it on priority and will respond himself today!  He said they have been swamped with requests for information and bookings.  Good for Havila but they will need to hire more customer service agents if they are getting more known and popular!

Thanks again and have a wonderful trip to Norway!

~Nancy

I attempted to book online but the booking would not go through due to credit card issues due to the new 3 D system to prevent fraud. I attempted to email and after several days, I contacted a travel agency here in the US that appeared to have the ability to book Havila cruises. Within a day, that agency was able to get me the booking. I am cruising in October 2023.