Alaska Shore Excursion Question - Sold Out?

AbbyCruiser45

Hi all-- I normally sail Celebrity but I'll be on the Majestic Princess this July for a cruise to Alaska! I am interested in taking a Misty Fjords cruise out of Ketchikan and I remember seeing it in the shore excursion list a few months ago. We were wishy washy on going on the trip due to changing jobs, but we've finally committed and started fully planning. I don't see anything related to Misty Fjords for our trip, no cruise or the normal flightseeing (which we don't want to do regardless). Does anyone know what is going on with that? Alternatively, are they just sold out? Celebrity marks out sold out excursions, but keeps it on the page. So I may just not be used to what Princess does. Thank you in advanced! 

Just now, AbbyCruiser45 said:

Hi all-- I normally sail Celebrity but I'll be on the Majestic Princess this July for a cruise to Alaska! I am interested in taking a Misty Fjords cruise out of Ketchikan and I remember seeing it in the shore excursion list a few months ago. We were wishy washy on going on the trip due to changing jobs, but we've finally committed and started fully planning. I don't see anything related to Misty Fjords for our trip, no cruise or the normal flightseeing (which we don't want to do regardless). Does anyone know what is going on with that? Alternatively, are they just sold out? Celebrity marks out sold out excursions, but keeps it on the page. So I may just not be used to what Princess does. Thank you in advanced! 

Usually the excursion would still show on Princess so you can wait list. It sounds like they may have lost the tour company for the excursion 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Usually the excursion would still show on Princess so you can wait list. It sounds like they may have lost the tour company for the excursion 

That's good to know! Unfortunately, all the local vendors don't have a time available for when the ship is in port. I'll just keep an eye out! Thank you. 

If the tour was sold out - it would indicate such.

This is the vendor of the tour - I would email them and find out what is going on:

https://allenmarinetours.com

They prefer people book through the cruise line but will accept passengers who are not in Ketchikan on a cruise.

Or call shore excursion department because it could be a Princess computer glitch (they are known for glitches).

Edited by Coral

3 hours ago, Coral said:

If the tour was sold out - it would indicate such.

This is the vendor of the tour - I would email them and find out what is going on:

https://allenmarinetours.com

They prefer people book through the cruise line but will accept passengers who are not in Ketchikan on a cruise.

Or call shore excursion department because it could be a Princess computer glitch (they are known for glitches).

Thank you for this information!

On 1/27/2023 at 11:18 AM, memoak said:

It is listed under my Princess cruise. Allen Marine specializes in tours for cruise lines and have for more than 25 years. They definitely still have contracts with the lines.

Edited by Coral

In case anyone was interested in an update: I tried reaching out to Princess while waiting for an email response from Allen Marine tours and they were no help (which I expected). I heard back from Allen Marine this morning and they said "We are still updating tour dates with the cruise lines, please be sure to check back on their website in the coming weeks."

So if anyone else is in a similar situation, just keep checking back on the Princess page!