My Time Dining on Allure Question

robtx100

We've done MTD and Early seating several times before, but this will be our first time on Allure. Early was always 5:15 or 5:30 and My Time started at 5:30 as well. We cannot make reservations for our small group until we get onboard (tried emailing - response was they could not reserve My Time Dining for a group). Our 5 cabins with 8 people in total booked with agencies or direct with RCL. On the app, if we were to do individual reservations, the earliest time is 6:30.

Does that mean MTD doesn't even begin until 6:30 for all 7 days? Or, are they just already full from people making reservations earlier for all 7 days? The confirmation I received when I booked shows MTD 6PM to 930PM. We're planning on speaking to the Maitre d' when we get onboard.  

24 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

We've done MTD and Early seating several times before, but this will be our first time on Allure. Early was always 5:15 or 5:30 and My Time started at 5:30 as well. We cannot make reservations for our small group until we get onboard (tried emailing - response was they could not reserve My Time Dining for a group). Our 5 cabins with 8 people in total booked with agencies or direct with RCL. On the app, if we were to do individual reservations, the earliest time is 6:30.

Does that mean MTD doesn't even begin until 6:30 for all 7 days? Or, are they just already full from people making reservations earlier for all 7 days? The confirmation I received when I booked shows MTD 6PM to 930PM. We're planning on speaking to the Maitre d' when we get onboard.  

Pretty much since the restart, MTD has started at 6:30--and sometimes not until 6:45.  Because of that, many people who used to choose MTD ended up switching (or trying to switch but unsuccessful) to early traditional (fixed) dining.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Pretty much since the restart, MTD has started at 6:30--and sometimes not until 6:45.  Because of that, many people who used to choose MTD ended up switching (or trying to switch but unsuccessful) to early traditional (fixed) dining.  

We have been doing MTD forever and will never switch to regular.  5:30 is WAY to early for us to eat.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, karena1 said:

We have been doing MTD forever and will never switch to regular.  5:30 is WAY to early for us to eat.

I get that for a lot of people, that's too early.  But the OP was asking about getting an earlier MTD time slot.  And there hasn't been anything earlier than about 6:30 since they restarted.  Perhaps they'll start adding in some earlier times, but I haven't seen anything at all before 6:30 on my 5 last year, or my 4 upcoming sailings.  

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, rockmom said:

I get that for a lot of people, that's too early.  But the OP was asking about getting an earlier MTD time slot.  And there hasn't been anything earlier than about 6:30 since they restarted.  Perhaps they'll start adding in some earlier times, but I haven't seen anything at all before 6:30 on my 5 last year, or my 4 upcoming sailings.  

I agree, usually 6:30 to 6:45.  But if that is too late, you are pretty much forced to take early dining.  I am not sitting through 2-3 hour dinners anymore on a big table.  We love getting our 2 tops in MTD and being in out in an hour to max 1.5 hours.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, karena1 said:

I agree, usually 6:30 to 6:45.  But if that is too late, you are pretty much forced to take early dining.  I am not sitting through 2-3 hour dinners anymore on a big table.  We love getting our 2 tops in MTD and being in out in an hour to max 1.5 hours.

Last year, we did 5.  Did early dining.  Always were given at 2 top on the 4 sailings where there were only 2 of us.  And got a 4 top for the 3 of us on the other sailing.   While it can be early to eat at 5:30, we mostly would have a big breakfast, graze through the day, have dinner, then have a snack after the shows.  Worked out fine.   

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Last year, we did 5.  Did early dining.  Always were given at 2 top on the 4 sailings where there were only 2 of us.  And got a 4 top for the 3 of us on the other sailing.   While it can be early to eat at 5:30, we mostly would have a big breakfast, graze through the day, have dinner, then have a snack after the shows.  Worked out fine.   

lots of people eat early, but not our thing.  Some nights we have to eat early to make a show, but our preference is 7:30 - 8.

• Thanks 1

Thank you all for the information. We'll just be at MTD as soon as it opens. We'll find other arrangements for the 8pm Mama Mia night. Perhaps an early specialty dining. I'm sure we won't go hungry, just trying to make everyone happy is a chore. LOL> 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, robtx100 said:

Thank you all for the information. We'll just be at MTD as soon as it opens. We'll find other arrangements for the 8pm Mama Mia night. Perhaps an early specialty dining. I'm sure we won't go hungry, just trying to make everyone happy is a chore. LOL> 

You'll love Allure.  Are show times open for booking yet?  Book them as soon as they show up. And for the Aqua show, try booking it as early in the sailing as possible because it can get canceled due to weather, and if you still have several days left, you'll get another shot at it.  You want reservations for Mamma Mia, Aqua show and ice shows.  

OOPS!  see you already did all that, lol.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, rockmom said:

You'll love Allure.  Are show times open for booking yet?  Book them as soon as they show up. And for the Aqua show, try booking it as early in the sailing as possible because it can get canceled due to weather, and if you still have several days left, you'll get another shot at it.  You want reservations for Mamma Mia, Aqua show and ice shows.  

OOPS!  see you already did all that, lol.  

Yes. Sailing in just over 2 weeks. We booked the 9pm Aqua show and 8pm Mama Mia. We've seen ice shos before so didn't book that. Comedy is comedy. My group usually keeps each other laughing. 

• Haha 1