Making Dinner Reservations on the App

chrcruiser

1 minute ago, chrcruiser said:

With "anytime dining", if you want to dine with another couple booked separately but also with "anytime dining", can you do that on the app?

I think you have to have your bookings linked in order to do it. Like I think in the carnival webpage it asks you who your traveling companions are. If you list them there they should show up. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, chrcruiser said:

With "anytime dining", if you want to dine with another couple booked separately but also with "anytime dining", can you do that on the app?

We had similar circumstances and found that with all 4 of us having bought Chat on the internet plan that we could choose all 4 of us to book a table

16 hours ago, dbrucern said:

We had similar circumstances and found that with all 4 of us having bought Chat on the internet plan that we could choose all 4 of us to book a table

We linked all 6 of us before the cruise, and then were able to choose the four of us who were on Any Time Dining to book the same table even though some chose not to purchase the chat feature.

1 hour ago, teknoge3k said:

You do not need to 'link' anything. WIth ATD and The Hub app, you just select who will be joining you when you check-in. 

Correct, but I think if you’re traveling in a group with multiple bookings and want to eat together you have to link them. Or mark those people as your travel companions. Otherwise the app won’t have those people listed as people you can choose to dine with. If that makes sense? I haven’t done it, it was just our family of 4. But I don’t know how else the app would know to have those people listed. 

2 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

Correct, but I think if you’re traveling in a group with multiple bookings and want to eat together you have to link them. Or mark those people as your travel companions. Otherwise the app won’t have those people listed as people you can choose to dine with. If that makes sense? I haven’t done it, it was just our family of 4. But I don’t know how else the app would know to have those people listed. 

That was our understanding as well.  We linked the six of us and the app then listed the people we linked (and only those people) when it came time to reserve a table.

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

You do not need to 'link' anything. WIth ATD and The Hub app, you just select who will be joining you when you check-in. 

3 hours ago, kelkel2 said:

We were not linked with our family party in anyway.  They used the HUB on board (we didn't) and we needed to go to the host each time for seating.  

Yes, you can do it and you do not have to be linked in any way. There is a search function in the dinner reservation section that will allow you to search any adult on the ship by name. The only snag is that children do not appear, so have them make the reservation and include you if they have children. 

We did this last month with people we met onboard, but we could not see their son in the app. When they would make a reservation that included us, we were immediately notified in the app. 

Edited by asalligo