Haven Help

Stelkp

Here is my update-I took the advice of @Rocketman275 and called this morning. 
in the OS waters are included, which I did not know so I canceled my water package. She said since Covid they do not have the “for sale” items in the mini fridge any longer so no one needs to worry about getting those removed prior.

I got an extra robe for my son, and discussed which liquors we would like. She reminded us that we could like some mixers as well so got some OJ and cranberry juice. Skim milk for my coffee and chocolate milk for my son. She was very helpful. Thanks to all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fsa1155 said:

Since we are on the subject of the Haven and things provided.... We are booked in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse suite.  I believe I am going to ask them to remove the items from our cabin that are an additional charge.  

We would like to have some Diet Cokes or Diet Pepsis in our fridge and on the counter.  If I am correct, we will be charged for these items.  Is that correct?  Does anyone know how much those would cost us?  I think it would be worth it to me.   Also, do we receive any free cartons of water?

Thanks,

Karen 

Do you have the beverage package and when did you book your sailing?   The water promotion was valid for only three months.  

Yes, you will be charged for the cans of diet coke in your cabin; however, you can always bring glasses of it back to your cabin.  

On 1/28/2023 at 3:28 PM, RocketMan275 said:

The pre-concierge was able to get me dining reservations that were not available on-line.

You can still contact the pre-concierge and build all the repport with whoever  you want once  you are on board.  It's not an either or thing.

Agreed.    We plan on contracting pre-concierge for our upcoming sailing as I do not see what is the downside of trying to get some things handled beforehand.

On 1/28/2023 at 3:45 PM, goldmom said:

The steward and butler both seemed to appreciate that they were able to take care of all my special requests before the other passengers started asking for things in their cabins.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We were still able to establish a rapport, but it made me feel as if I didn't need to start asking for a lot of things the first instant they saw me.  I did still bring my "southerngary" letter.  LOL!

Thank you for mentioning that your steward and butler seemed to appreciate the notice.   I think this is a very good point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vacation44 said:

Do you have the beverage package and when did you book your sailing?   The water promotion was valid for only three months.  

Yes, you will be charged for the cans of diet coke in your cabin; however, you can always bring glasses of it back to your cabin.  

Yes, we have the beverage package.  We just booked a couple of weeks ago and I did not see anything about the water promotion so I probably missed that.   I thought about asking the bartender for a can of diet coke each night before going to bed so I can drink it in the morning.  That's my coffee since I'm not a coffee drinker.  lol 

• Like 1

On 1/28/2023 at 1:23 PM, nmuller328 said:

Curious re the drink package & the Haven- I thought I saw somewhere that you should get the Plus package to really enjoy the Haven alcohol options is that true? And you get Starbuck "like" coffee? We're thinking about upgrading (not through bid process) and just trying to see what additional costs are involved if we up grade (understand service charge is higher and we'll be tipping Haven personnel in addition) I thought I saw some comment (either in CC or FB) that mentioned the hidden charges of Haven. TIA  

PS we'll be on the Getaway out of NYC in March if that makes a difference

Upgrade to the Premium Plus package if you're in the Haven.  Bartenders usually have a few special bottles behind the bar that you won't find anywhere else. 

Just wondering- know that there are Haven sections for the shows- is that for the main theatre only . Thought I saw seats saved at the Illusionarium  when we were on the Getaway in Oct for the Broadway Review as well as Junnk- is there a Haven section- or will concierge assist? What about getting into Syd Norman's- we never made a show in Oct?  

Also- since we we're in the Haven- we don't have to do the mad dash when we board to get our shows/remaining dinners booked- correct- Concierge will help us with that. 

Thanks 

22 hours ago, Stelkp said:

I got an extra robe for my son, and discussed which liquors we would like. She reminded us that we could like some mixers as well so got some OJ and cranberry juice. Skim milk for my coffee and chocolate milk for my son. She was very helpful. Thanks to all. 

Don't forget sodas are considered 'mixers' as well in the Owner Suites... Basically gatorades or whatever sports drink brand they have are considered mixers as well. So if you want some cokes, sprites, etc just ask!

14 hours ago, nmuller328 said:

Just wondering- know that there are Haven sections for the shows- is that for the main theatre only . Thought I saw seats saved at the Illusionarium  when we were on the Getaway in Oct for the Broadway Review as well as Junnk- is there a Haven section- or will concierge assist? What about getting into Syd Norman's- we never made a show in Oct?  

Also- since we we're in the Haven- we don't have to do the mad dash when we board to get our shows/remaining dinners booked- correct- Concierge will help us with that. 

Thanks 

On Getaway the process for Broadway Unplugged changed between our September and Dec/Jan cruise. In September, we were taken to the Illusionarium by the concierge. In Dec/Jan a reservation was required. The concierge made our reservation, but we were welcome to enter the Illusionarium at any time to select our seat. Both times, no seats were saved. In September, we entered before any other guests. In Dec/Jan we had to make do with whatever seats were available when we entered. 

The concierge will provide you with a piece of paper to make your reservations for any shows that reservations are accepted. Depending on the concierge, the same piece of paper (or another) will provide you a place to mark when you would like to make your additional dining reservations. You can also talk with the concierge, but we find filling out the paper is the easiest way to do this. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 11:52 AM, Stelkp said:

Here is my update-I took the advice of @Rocketman275 and called this morning. 
in the OS waters are included, which I did not know so I canceled my water package. She said since Covid they do not have the “for sale” items in the mini fridge any longer so no one needs to worry about getting those removed prior.

Glad I could help.  Too often, folks either don't contact the pre-boarding concierge or they do not want to call.  Calling is so much more effective and the ladies who answer the phone are dedicated to making your cruise the best it can be.  

• Like 1