Captain’s Circle Booking discount. Has it changed?

Ken the cruiser

We used to each get $100 off our booking fare when we booked a cruise which BTW has usually been at least 12 days in length. On shorter legs, it may be less but I wouldn’t know. However, when we just booked a family 14-day Baltic cruise on the Sky in July 2024, we noticed a change. More specifically, the base cruise fare was $6,428. On our (Platinum loyalty level) booking, it was listed at $6,119 each or a difference of $309. However, on our daughter and her 8 yo son’s (Gold loyalty level) booking, it was $6,338 each or a difference of $90.

When we subsequently asked our TA who booked the cruises for us why the difference, she said her Princess contact said it was because of our higher Platinum level cruise status. Which brings me to my question, has the CC booking discount changed where it is now based on your loyalty status rather than a flat $100 each in our case? 🤔

We noticed same thing with a July, 16 day Hawaii cruise on the Emerald with our daughter and her family.  Our fare is $200 pp less than theirs, DD and SIL are both Platinum (we are Elite).

Our TA said it was because of the difference in loyalty level.

• Like 1