liquor or wine on board

Lolotte

I actually believe this issue is a case of a new grossly undertrained wine steward and that Oceania, upon ready this thread, will quickly alleviate the problem/issue.

All if you cheap jerks, wanting to haul personal wine in without corkage, don’t get your hopes up.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Wow calling anyone who brings wine onboard this, is offensive and I had hoped Oceania CC members had more class than this.

Though I think ALL he said was in reference to people trying to avoid the corkage fee, and if so, he is correct! I bring my own alcohol on board but only consume it--beer, hard liquor or wine--in my cabin:

"All if you cheap jerks, wanting to haul personal wine in without corkage, don’t get your hopes up."

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, MEFIowa said:

Though I think ALL he said was in reference to people trying to avoid the corkage fee, and if so, he is correct! I bring my own alcohol on board but only consume it--beer, hard liquor or wine--in my cabin:

"All if you cheap jerks, wanting to haul personal wine in without corkage, don’t get your hopes up."

Yes! Sorry about the confusion. Consumption of personal beverages in your cabin is obviously fine. The comment was directed to those bringing personal beverages to public venues without paying the corkage 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

It is not being “cheap jerks” and trying to avoid corkage fees when the wine stewart suggests and encourages guests to bring a glass of their own wine to the dining room.  

As I posted, I believe that steward was untrained and Oceania will correct the situation.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, oceanpark said:

It is not being “cheap jerks” and trying to avoid corkage fees when the wine stewart suggests and encourages guests to bring a glass of their own wine to the dining room.  

A statement by one wine steward does not make it the company policy which you can read here.

“Guests are welcome to enjoy their wine in the comfort and privacy of their stateroom or suite, or, if they prefer, may enjoy their wine in one of the ship’s dining rooms. Any wine consumed in the dining room or a public area will be subject to a corkage fee of $25.00 per bottle”.

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360005405394-What-is-your-alcohol-policy-for-bringing-bottles-on-board-

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1