Israel Visa's and Private Tours

SDCruiser2

We are on the May Holy Land Tour.  I have read about issues getting off the ship in time to make connections for private tours in Israel.  Does anyone have experience with this? 

Something about getting Israel Visa? 

Can you give recommendations about how to get off ship quickly when at port? 

Thank you 

Sue 

• 3 weeks later...

Don't worry about this. I've done it twice in the past three years. In 2019, we had the Israeli interview onboard the ship about two days before disembarkation. In Nov 2022, the interview was right at the terminal, off the ship. Both times, I spoke with customer service who worked with our group of 15 and then 29 to get off the ship early. We used Guided Tours Israel for all four tour days, and the tour guides were right outside the terminal waiting for us. GTI has lots of experience with this. Our 2019 group did the tours three days in a row. Our guide suggested we get off the ship 30 mins earlier so that we could "beat the bus tours."  Excellent idea!

Be proactive and keep your group well-organized and informed. Our group in 2019 was superb, but the group in 2022 had a few folks who tended to run late or became disconnected with the group. 

• Like 1

We used Moti Bar Tuv at Travel Israel. He was great at communicating & sorted out an itinerary that we wanted. Just for myself & husband.

He couldn’t do the tours himself so delegated to Eli who was amazing. I’d maybe see if he could do something for you also. 

Edit:

Also interview was in terminal building. Very straightforward. Eli was waiting for us as we exited with the rest of the private guides. 

Edited by wineoclock

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2023 at 3:13 AM, wineoclock said:

We used Moti Bar Tuv at Travel Israel. He was great at communicating & sorted out an itinerary that we wanted. Just for myself & husband.

Edit:

Also interview was in terminal building. Very straightforward. 

2nd the recommendation for Moti Bar Tuv - have toured with him on 2 Israel visits and were able to customize our tours each day

• Like 1