No Flights by Celebrity search link for this summer's Apex Europe sailings.

terrydtx

We are booked on the Apex in September from Amsterdam and have flights booked by FBC. I frequently check by doing mock bookings to see if our flights have gone down in price. Yesterday, Saturday and today the "Flights" link no longer shows on the Celebrity website for any Apex cruises this summer.  This same thing happened to us in 2021 with our Infinity booking just prior to Celebrity canceling all the Infinity summer 2021 cruise. The other Celebrity ships in Europe this summer still have the flights search link, it seems only the Apex doesn't.

This what I get when searching flight on Apex summer cruises, the flights links usually follows to the right of the "Shore Excursions" link.

image.thumb.png.3e50820e1e34767cc2fe1cb8bf260646.png

I'm also unable to check my flights for my summer 2023 Apex b2b. I agree with @jwlane.  They typically do their updates on weekends, so I'd check back in a couple days. I noticed that X hasn't yet added some of those cruises (including my two) to the list of sailings having itinerary modifications that require us to embark and/or disembark in Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam.

Changes to Upcoming Itineraries | Celebrity Cruises

Is your cruise one of those having changes? They've been slowly making those itinerary corrections on the website and the app. Perhaps this is the big push to make all their updates and corrections.

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

I hope that is the case, but it has been like this for 2 days and only Apex May to Oct cruises in Europe seem to have the issue.

We have FBC booked for our May 7th cruise on the Apex and they still show on my Flights and More tab on manage my reservation.  I don't mess with them otherwise. 🙂

I just did a mock booking to look at the prices - our Premium Economy ticket on Delta is now $5606 per person,  WOW Glad we got ours when they came our at $1900 pp

39 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I'm also unable to check my flights for my summer 2023 Apex b2b. I agree with @jwlane.  They typically do their updates on weekends, so I'd check back in a couple days. I noticed that X hasn't yet added some of those cruises (including my two) to the list of sailings having itinerary modifications that require us to embark and/or disembark in Rotterdam instead of Amsterdam.

Is your cruise one of those having changes? They've been slowly making those itinerary corrections on the website and the app. Perhaps this is the big push to make all their updates and corrections.

Our May 7th had the embarkation port changed from Amsterdam to Rotterdam but we are still flying RT to AMS.  As I said ours still shows on our booking and I was able to find it by doing a mock booking

5 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Our May 7th had the embarkation port changed from Amsterdam to Rotterdam but we are still flying RT to AMS.  As I said ours still shows on our booking and I was able to find it by doing a mock booking

Interesting. When I made my previous post, I had just tried to do a mock booking for one of my cruises, but as @terrydtxsaid, FBC was not displayed on the page. I am still flying RT to AMS, and my flight reservations still appear on my actual booking. I simply cannot do a mock booking to check for flight price drops. As I said, I expect this display issue to disappear within a couple days.

54 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Yes our September Apex cruise was moved from Amsterdam to Rotterdam but both ports use the same airport in Amsterdam, Rotterdam is about 20 miles further from the airport than the city of Amsterdam so it shouldn't make any difference. On Friday I was able to see the flights and the itinerary change was announced back in December.

25 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

We have FBC booked for our May 7th cruise on the Apex and they still show on my Flights and More tab on manage my reservation.  I don't mess with them otherwise. 🙂

I just did a mock booking to look at the prices - our Premium Economy ticket on Delta is now $5606 per person,  WOW Glad we got ours when they came our at $1900 pp

Our business class seats booked in November on FBC are about $4400pp, on Friday the same seats and itinerary was over $8000pp. Current Premium economy seats on some flights are more than our BC seats. The airlines are raising costs faster than Celebrity is.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

I just looked and your Apex May 7 cruise is the last Apex cruise for the summer with the Flights link. I looked on the May 14th cruise after yours and the flights link is gone:

image.thumb.png.236d12bc531802f5a2c8c02e86d097f5.png

17 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

Interesting. When I made my previous post, I had just tried to do a mock booking for one of my cruises, but as @terrydtxsaid, FBC was not displayed on the page. I am still flying RT to AMS, and my flight reservations still appear on my actual booking. I simply cannot do a mock booking to check for flight price drops. As I said, I expect this display issue to disappear within a couple days.

Our flights are still showing in our cruise itinerary in management cruise.

3 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Our flights are still showing in our cruise itinerary in management cruise.

Our flights are also displayed when I check “Manage my Cruise”, but I’m still not able to do a mock booking to check for FBC price drops. Price drops are unlikely, I realize, but I can dream😜

1 hour ago, Silkroad said:

Our flights are also displayed when I check “Manage my Cruise”, but I’m still not able to do a mock booking to check for FBC price drops. Price drops are unlikely, I realize, but I can dream😜

Last year in February our BC flights that we originally booked on FBC for $3485pp dropped one day to $2368 and we called FBC and they changed us to the cheaper flights that were on a better itinerary too. So we are looking for another February miracle this year.

• 3 weeks later...

I just booked FBC for airfare to Rome and back from Barcelona for our Oct Greek Cruise on Reflection. FBC had best biz class fare. My question is now that it is "booked," how exactly do I create a "mock" booking to check if airfare goes down?  Thanks in advance for any tips.