4* booking specialty restaurants ahead of time

jenp123

Along those same lines - if I am a 5 star I get 2 upscale meals free.  If I book ahead online when I get on board will I get a refundable credit on my account for the entire amount?  With folks getting the HIA and having free dinners it is hard getting a good time once on board.

9 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Along those same lines - if I am a 5 star I get 2 upscale meals free.  If I book ahead online when I get on board will I get a refundable credit on my account for the entire amount?  With folks getting the HIA and having free dinners it is hard getting a good time once on board.

In theory Yes. It's better to pre book to get the times you want but expect a challenge getting a credit. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, iflyrc5 said:

Along those same lines - if I am a 5 star I get 2 upscale meals free.  If I book ahead online when I get on board will I get a refundable credit on my account for the entire amount?

You may have to work at it to get it, or even fight to get it ALL back (getting 50% back isn't terribly difficult, but getting it ALL back can take several tries), but eventually you should be successful. 

I know I have had to try twice a few times, and think it took three tries once. 
On rare occasion it has happened flawlessly, with no effort at all. 

I am somewhat outspoken about having to wait in line and "fight" to get credit for the restaurant charges.  This is all on HAL, who loves to give out benefits and then make it a royal pain in the behind to get what is promised.   At the very least, the restaurant staff should be able to make the adjustment when folks show-up to dine.  Instead, the cruiser must go through extra steps, sometimes run into resistance at Guest Relations (who can act like they have no clue when they must hear this every day), etc. etc.  There is much to like/love about HAL, but when it comes to their accounting and 4-5* benefits they truly suck!  We are in the upper frequent cruiser ranges on several other lines, but only HAL seems to find joy in making things more difficult.

Hank

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, ann1bell said:

I was surprised that the 4 star mariner discount at Rudi’s Sel de Mer was 25 %, not 50%. We did have to remind them twice to get the discount applied to our account. 

Yeah that sucks.  If  my memory is correct that changed with the start up or maybe just before.  

• Like 1