We Are on the NCL joy

curlstravel

On 2/3/2023 at 4:11 PM, wolft927 said:

When it comes down to production shows NCL cut out The Jean Ann Ryan company many years ago. When I worked for NCL many years ago as a CD they switched a lot of ships from Jean Ann Ryan to NCL productions. I used to know a lot of the Guest Entertainers when onboard and some where the best I ever seen and worked with 

When did you work for NCL? I worked cruise staff MANY years ago on NCL as well. Jean Ann Ryan produced the best shows ever, have not seen anything to rival those yet.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sunkey1 said:

When did you work for NCL? I worked cruise staff MANY years ago on NCL as well. Jean Ann Ryan produced the best shows ever, have not seen anything to rival those yet.

2003 to 2007

On 1/29/2023 at 9:25 PM, wally4ever said:

I was on the Joy for Christmas.  The monte cristo was on the menu for the first sea day, and it was as lovely as ever.

I LOVE a Monte Cristo!! Never seen that on a cruise ship ( 43 cruises)..was it on the MDR menu for dinner or lunch?

Big Al

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:25 PM, curlstravel said:

We Are on the NCL joy if you have specific questions you would like to ask I would be happy to answer them.

Thanks for posting! 4 of us are on a 12 night NCL Joy cruise out of Miami 4/15/23..I've been on the Encore, so similar in many ways...how is the Observation Lounge? We LOVED it on the Encore..what an impressive space...my favs are the OL ( as I just said..), District Brew House for my beers on draft ( I am a beer snob, love great beers on draft! ), Cavern Club & huge Beatle's fan..I love the Waterfront on deck 8, and I love getting a Reuben sandwich at the Local/ O'Sheehan's...how is the crew & service? Notice any changes? Some reports I've seen on YouTube say they are not as happy as before with the cutbacks...any thoughts? Thanks again 😎..can't wait to cruise the Joy!!

Big Al

• Like 1

8 hours ago, big al said:

I LOVE a Monte Cristo!! Never seen that on a cruise ship ( 43 cruises)..was it on the MDR menu for dinner or lunch?

Big Al

I had a decent Monte Cristo in the MDR for lunch on Breakaway.    I think they have two different MDR lunch menus and this was on the 2nd menu on first sea day.

• Like 1

I'm  guessing someone in here will have been in the disembarkation terminal at LA during the 2 lines debacle. Worst disembarkation experience in almost 20 years of cruising, that almost also had a terrible situation involving an elderly gentleman who appeared to go down from possibly exhaution, fatigue, or whatever. I don't think I would sail through that port again if this is how CPB and NCL cooperate on a disembarkation process.

17 hours ago, Sand and Seas said:

I had a decent Monte Cristo in the MDR for lunch on Breakaway.    I think they have two different MDR lunch menus and this was on the 2nd menu on first sea day.

I can answer your question about the Observation Lounge on the Joy.  It does not have that large bar in the middle.  It is small and you can only order from it.  There are not any chairs around it.  We were on the Joy last April and the year before on the Encore.  Love the Encore Observation Lounge better, but both were fun. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 7:29 AM, big al said:

Thanks for posting! 4 of us are on a 12 night NCL Joy cruise out of Miami 4/15/23..I've been on the Encore, so similar in many ways...how is the Observation Lounge? We LOVED it on the Encore..what an impressive space...my favs are the OL ( as I just said..), District Brew House for my beers on draft ( I am a beer snob, love great beers on draft! ), Cavern Club & huge Beatle's fan..I love the Waterfront on deck 8, and I love getting a Reuben sandwich at the Local/ O'Sheehan's...how is the crew & service? Notice any changes? Some reports I've seen on YouTube say they are not as happy as before with the cutbacks...any thoughts? Thanks again 😎..can't wait to cruise the Joy!!

Big Al

We had great service and all the bars and restaurants. And yes deck 8 At the cavern bar was our favorite hang out with Nestor

• Like 2

On 2/6/2023 at 6:29 AM, big al said:

Big Al

I'm also looking forward to the District Brew House...I have never been on a ship with a proper draft beer selection.  Oddly enough, we are also looking forward to the Local.  We have never been on a ship with a *sit down* restaurant that is complementary and open late.  From an old school cruiser who has not been on a cruise for a while, I think some people forget how cool the Local really is.  I was never a fan of the late night buffets on ships we have been on in the past.  

Edited by farmecologist
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, farmecologist said:

I the Cave bar the one that also has an "outdoor" section on the promenade?  

Yes, there is a tv outside where you can hear the Beatles show. Everyone sings along at the bar. Nestor is the BEST bartender!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, farmecologist said:

I'm also looking forward to the District Brew House...I have never been on a ship with a proper draft beer selection.  Oddly enough, we are also looking forward to the Local.  We have never been on a ship with a *sit down* restaurant that is complementary and open late.  From an old school cruiser who has not been on a cruise for a while, I think some people forget how cool the Local really is.  I was never a fan of the late night buffets on ships we have been on in the past.  

The food was really good at the Local last couple  of weeks when we were on the Joy

• Like 2