Time Zones

7 minutes ago, 2018cruisefun said:

We’re cruising from Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart back to Sydney. Will the time zone on the ship change while we’re in Adelaide (I believe there’s a 1/2 hour time difference)?

It will depend on the ship.  I have been on a Royal ship that did not change for the half hour.  When ashore you had to make sure you kept an eye on “ship time” rather than local time.  An analogue watch is better.  On another ship, it did change to SA time.  That was also going to Kangaroo Island though, so for two days, it must have been worth the hassle to change all the ship’s clocks.

I would bet on no change for your itinerary.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 2018cruisefun said:

We’re cruising from Sydney to Melbourne, Adelaide, Hobart back to Sydney. Will the time zone on the ship change while we’re in Adelaide (I believe there’s a 1/2 hour time difference)?

Which ship? The ones we have been on have always changed their time to local time.

13 hours ago, Port Power said:

It will depend on the ship.  I have been on a Royal ship that did not change for the half hour.  When ashore you had to make sure you kept an eye on “ship time” rather than local time.  An analogue watch is better.  On another ship, it did change to SA time.  That was also going to Kangaroo Island though, so for two days, it must have been worth the hassle to change all the ship’s clocks.

I would bet on no change for your itinerary.

The ships should change to local time and every ship I’ve been on they always change the clocks

On 1/30/2023 at 11:41 PM, 2018cruisefun said:

When is your Celebrity cruise?  After the differing experiences posted here, please post what actually happens on your particular cruise.

Travelling on the Trans Siberian railway was like cruising. Unpack only once if going all the way Moscow to Vladivostok - 8 times zones. In my case I finished in Beijing which meant a change of train in Mongolia then a different time zone again until reaching China which has only one. It's a good way to beat jet lag if travelling from Europe to Oz - just a bit slower.😁