Bed by Balcony v. Bathroom

Meh, I could care less what the room arrangement is . 

Even on Allure there was about a foot of space to get into the closet if the bed was by the bathroom. 

As long as we both weren`t trying to get into the closet at the same time it was acceptable to me.( which was never the case )

And its only for a week , so i can adapt for the short time on the ship.

On my next cruise on Harmony the bed is by the balcony .

I pick the room location without regard of the layout.

22 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bed by the bath vs the balcony became a thing when Oasis was first introduced.  Having the bed by the bath made it very difficult to get into the closet due to the layout.  The same is true of Allure.  That design problem was eliminated with the introduction of Harmony and subsequent OA class ships as Royal started using a different ship builder who in turn used a different cabin design where the closet is no longer an issue.

The other big advantage of the bed by the balcony is for those with scooters who bring them in the cabin at night.

So happy to find someone who might very well be able to give me my answer.  We have 10592 booked on the Oasis. First, is the bed by bath or balcony. Second (and most important) when lying in bed is my body moving forward....like driving a car.  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

25 minutes ago, Loracpin2 said:

So happy to find someone who might very well be able to give me my answer.  We have 10592 booked on the Oasis. First, is the bed by bath or balcony. Second (and most important) when lying in bed is my body moving forward....like driving a car.  THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!!

The bed is by the balcony and as you lie in bed your feet will be pointing towards the front of the ship

12 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The bed is by the balcony and as you lie in bed your feet will be pointing towards the front of the ship

Thank you so very much!!  I know many people don't think this is important but it is for me.  

Edited by Loracpin2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nasa1974 said:

OK. So how can you tell by just looking at the deck plans where the bed is located?

Two ways of doing it.

cabins are built as pairs with the one on the right as you are facing it from the hall having the bed by the balcony and the one on the left having the bed by the bath.  cabins alternate bed by bath, bed by balcony, bath, balcony, bath etc..

The first way is to identify a pair which can be done by finding a pair of connecting cabins...those are a pair, then just work your way along the hall until you get to your cabin.

The other way is to fond a cabin that is for more than 2 guests and you know that will always have the bed by the bath so by default you will have the bed by the balcony configuration on either side of it, again, follow the pattern

All cabins with 3 or more guests will have the bed by the bath.

Cabins with 2 guests can have either layout.

59 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

cabins are built as pairs with the one on the right as you are facing it from the hall having the bed by the balcony and the one on the left having the bed by the bath.  cabins alternate bed by bath, bed by balcony, bath, balcony, bath etc..

The first way is to identify a pair which can be done by finding a pair of connecting cabins...those are a pair, then just work your way along the hall until you get to your cabin.

To your point earlier, is it the opposite for Oasis Class and Quantum Class?

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

To your point earlier, is it the opposite for Oasis Class and Quantum Class?

Yes, Q class is the opposite pattern from Oasis.

Still the same qualifiers that all cabins for 3 or more have the bed by the bath and cabins for 2 can have either set up.

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Yes, Q class is the opposite pattern from Oasis.

Still the same qualifiers that all cabins for 3 or more have the bed by the bath and cabins for 2 can have either set up.

Thank you!.  Don't mean to be daft, but two more questions: 

1. Is the Quantum class the only one that's opposite all the other Royal Classes?
  2. Is the bed by the bath for all rooms with 3 or 4 occupants for ALL classes (even Quantum?)

2 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you!.  Don't mean to be daft, but two more questions: 

1. Is the Quantum class the only one that's opposite all the other Royal Classes?
  2. Is the bed by the bath for all rooms with 3 or 4 occupants for ALL classes (even Quantum?)

O and Q classes are the only classes where the beds alternate

Bed is by the bath for all triple and quad balconies on both OA and QN class ships

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Two ways of doing it.

The other way is to fond a cabin that is for more than 2 guests and you know that will always have the bed by the bath so by default you will have the bed by the balcony configuration on either side of it, again, follow the pattern

All cabins with 3 or more guests will have the bed by the bath.

Cabins with 2 guests can have either layout.

Thank you. I'm on Oasis #9196 and according to the legend I guess the bed is near the bathroom. 

2C

Ocean View with Large Balcony

Immerse yourself in a gorgeous view for a memorable vacation. (Up to 4 guests)