Neptune suite questions

Vineyard View

Looking at a number of lines for 2024. HAL has an interesting itinerary on Oosterdam. We like smaller ships so not sure this will be agreeable to all in our party, however on two decks there are Neptune Suites farthest aft, except truly aft cabins. The diagram shows a small circle in an open space on one side of the cabin, and just an open space on the other. (6166, 6177). Does anyone know what this signifies?  Thank you. We sailed in a Neptune suite a number of years ago and it was fantastic, however it was on the Ryndahm which we very much enjoyed the size of. 

Neptune suites on the Oosterdam are smaller than the one on your prior Ryndam, but not to a material degree. Just know it will not be the exact same cabin as you remember. We love Neptunes  too. But the newer the ship, the more they make all the cabins a little more compact. Oosterdam is now still one of the "older" HAL ships (Vista class) so it remains one of the more generous ones

Keep in mind also any aft-deck location Neptune suite will be a distance away from the Neptune Lounge, depending on the deck location. As I recall, the Ryndam Neptune Lounge was quite close to the Neptune Suites, where both lounge and suites were all clustered on one deck only.

Neptune suites on the Oosterdam are smaller than the one on your prior Ryndam, but not to a material degree. Just know it will not be the exact same cabin as you remember. We love Neptunes  too. But the newer the ship, the more they make all the cabins a little more compact. Oosterdam is now still one of the "older" HAL ships (Vista class) so it remains one of the more generous ones

Keep in mind also any aft-deck location Neptune suite will be a distance away from the Neptune Lounge, depending on the deck location. As I recall, the Ryndam Neptune Lounge was quite close to the Neptune Suites, where both lounge and suites were all clustered on one deck only.

Recent photo of Oosterdam Neptune suite - not an aft NS. 

https://halfacts.com/vista-class/7080-oosterdam/

The aft Neptunes, only sleep 3...I guess the sofa bed is smaller and therefore only for one person.  Most other Neptunes will sleep 4.  If you are going with an aft Neptune, make sure you get one of the corner ones instead of the inside ones on the stern.  You will have a 270 degree view from the balcony which is really fantastic.

Thank you all. From the link OlsSalt sent, appears the verandah is much smaller than I remember. The interior is certainly different, but also still lovely. Yes, all the Neptunes were close to the Lounge. I will need to look at the deck plans closer if it is a different deck. 
The available cabins I am seeing so far are not full aft as we would obviously prefer, but are right up next to them, which I am not so sure is a great location on either deck 5 or 6. 
That all said, the 2,300 pax compared to the Ryndahm is a big difference, so I do appreciate all your feedback. It is helpful. 

• Like 1

Aloha. We have been blessed to sail HAL since the 1970s and since the 1990’s in Neptune Suites. I always choose a Neptune suite in the same deck as the lounge and never a problem with the size nor amenities. Once we had wraparound aft and also enjoyed it. Never disappointed except no more yum yum man in the dining room lobby anymore! Sometimes it is the little amenities that i like lol! Enjoy. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Torquer said:

The aft Neptunes, only sleep 3...I guess the sofa bed is smaller and therefore only for one person.  Most other Neptunes will sleep 4.  If you are going with an aft Neptune, make sure you get one of the corner ones instead of the inside ones on the stern.  You will have a 270 degree view from the balcony which is really fantastic.

The aft cabins that are not on the corners are verandah cabins, not Neptunes.

The balconies definitely vary in size. Most of my corner afts have been on 7. One time on 5 on Zuiderdam and it was huge. It's also fully covered. I like a little open area near the rail so at night I can stand at the corner and all I see is the sea and the sky, no roof overhead. The deck 5 balcony was a little enclosed for me. Also loud when I was outside because of being close to the wake and having the sound captured in the covered space. 

Cabins can vary in size, too. Deck 6 corner aft on Zuiderdam was a smaller cabin than the deck 5 or 7 corner aft. It didn't have the row of closets in the room by the side of the bed. All closet space was in the dressing area.

Corner aft on 7

7142 – Zuiderdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Smaller cabin on 6

6166 – Oosterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

Deck finve with the huge balcony

5191 – Oosterdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

• Like 1

I have a corner aft Neptune suite booked in June for Alaska, we will be on Westerdam. 
Just a couple questions. Nothing comes with this suite but free laundry which I probably will not use for a 7 day cruise, is this correct?

am I allowed to carry on any soda? 
I am in stateroom 5191, has anyone been in this suite on Westerdam?

thanks in advance for any replies

20 minutes ago, gizmodog said:

I have a corner aft Neptune suite booked in June for Alaska, we will be on Westerdam. 
Just a couple questions. Nothing comes with this suite but free laundry which I probably will not use for a 7 day cruise, is this correct?

am I allowed to carry on any soda? 
I am in stateroom 5191, has anyone been in this suite on Westerdam?

thanks in advance for any replies

I've been in its twin, 5190, on Zuiderdam.  See my comments in the post above yours.

From HalFacts: 

5190 – Westerdam | HAL Cruiser Information (halfacts.com)

5 hours ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

The aft cabins that are not on the corners are verandah cabins, not Neptunes.

Actually that is not entirely correct, and why I mentioned it in my post.  The OP was asking about deck 6 on the Oosterdam.  Here is a diagram.  As you can see there are Neptunes in the corner with the wrap-around balcony, along with two other Neptunes which just face backward (6164 and 6175).  In my opinion, the corner Neptunes are much more desirable since you have a full view to the sides and also partial view forward.

image.png.85bcc24a231241740d94a2d31d093bcf.png

• Like 1