How is an existing booking transferred to a TA?

Tampa Girl

We normally book initially with a TA.  This time we booked initially on line with HAL.  What is needed to transfer this booking to our TA and how long after the initial booking must it be done?  We were told that we must initiate the transfer.  Thanks for any info.

Your TA should be able to provide you with a form that you need to fill out and return to him/her.  They then send it to HAL and the transfer takes place.  If you've only talked to HAL about this, talk to your TA.  They should know how to do it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCThunder said:

Your TA should be able to provide you with a form that you need to fill out and return to him/her.  They then send it to HAL and the transfer takes place.  If you've only talked to HAL about this, talk to your TA.  They should know how to do it.

Thank you for responding.  

On 1/31/2023 at 1:37 PM, Cruising-along said:

Within 60 days unless that has changed very recently.

A telephone call to the WC desk confirmed that it is still 60 days.  Thank you all for your responses.  The transfer was easy and quick.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, globalgertie said:

If I book with a HAL PCC and then transfer the booking to a TA, does the PCC lose any credit for my booking?

In the past our PCC told us that she gets credit if we book with her AND do take the cruise.  I imagine they lose credit if the booking is transferred.  Whether that would be all or some of the credit I don't know. 

39 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

In the past our PCC told us that she gets credit if we book with her AND do take the cruise.  I imagine they lose credit if the booking is transferred.  Whether that would be all or some of the credit I don't know. 

the most recent PCC that we both worked with told me that he lost all credit if the cruise was transferred.

• Thanks 1