Port Charges Not Refunded Automatically When Port Cancelled by NCL

KRock

Unlike many other cruiselines I have sailed on, I have discovered that NCL does not automatically refund the port charges for a cancelled port of call. On my last cruise aboard the Norwegian Jade sailing a 12-day South Africa itinerary 14-26 Jan 2023, we were advised on embarkation day the Port of Call to Durban was cancelled with no explanation other than "beyond our control".  The itinerary was changed giving us almost two extra sea days. When I inquired at Guest Services about the refund, I was advised that the ship does not handle those matters and I would need to contact "Shore Services" by email to request a possible refund. Does anyone have that email address?  Has anyone else have experience with this type of issue? Would love to read about it and I am sure others would as well. Thanks for your help.

Liz

There are numerous threads on this exact topic recently.  First I've heard of the edict to contact 'shore services' though.

Some have gotten OBC as a result of a missed port, so it sounds like maybe the folks on the ship just don't want to deal with explaining things 2500 times...

Edited by hallux