Water bottle question . . .

v3cruiser

Hey everybody.

is it a good idea to buy bottled water from ncl before your cruise? My wife can be a little picky and I like have a bottle when i go to shore but i usually refill once back on the ship. 

Does bottled water come free with the drink package?

I dont think they let us bring it on anymore but boy is the price high compared to market price. I can get a 12 pack of 1 liter essentia water for $20

Im debating buying twelve or twenty four  1 liter bottles if need be. 

We bought the 6 pack of litered water ahead of time (I think about $21?) and it was more than enough for our 5 day cruise last week on Bliss (we had one full carton left over). You can also bring your own water bottle to the buffet to fill up (but you would need to use their cups then pour into your water bottle).

I do not know for sure, but I don't believe bottled water is included in the drink package.

9 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Hey everybody. Is it a good idea to buy bottled water from ncl before your cruise? My wife can be a little picky and I like have a bottle when i go to shore but i usually refill once back on the ship. 

Does bottled water come free with the drink package? I dont think they let us bring it on anymore but boy is the price high compared to market price. I can get a 12 pack of 1 liter essentia water for $20. Im debating buying twelve or twenty four  1 liter bottles if need be. 

If you/your wife want bottled water you can buy in ahead of time and have it in your stateroom when you board, or buy it onboard. 

Bottled water does not come with the standard Premium Beverage Package. It comes with the Plus beverage package if you upgrade. 

And you will see about 100 replies shortly telling you that you should just drink tap water... it is your choice, not theirs. We get bottled water (boxed water) to drink onboard and take ashore. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Bottled water is NOT in a bottle!  It comes in a "box".  If you want a "bottle" that you can carry ashore instead of the "box", you can bring an EMPTY bottle from home and then fill it with either the "boxed" water or the water from the buffet or elsewhere on the ship.  If you fill it from the buffet, you will need to fill their small glasses with water and then pour the water into your water bottle.

Ok cool.

Im going to bring a refillable bottle and order 12 1 liters just in case.! LOL. yes. I will be getting the posts about just drinking tap water. sorry everybody LOL. 

last time we cruised they had the nice plastic 1 liters. 

Edited by v3cruiser

14 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Ok cool.

Im going to bring a refillable bottle and order 12 1 liters just in case.! LOL. yes. I will be getting the posts about just drinking tap water. sorry everybody LOL. 

Just remember regardless what you bring to port you cannot bring back in the ship. . Well that is the rule but last cruise I saw people returning with their NCL a carton of water. I just dump any remaining water to keep from any issues. 

34 minutes ago, v3cruiser said:

Ok cool.

Boxes are fine to carry ashore. I just like to minimize the "stuff" that we have to pack. 

1 hour ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

Will every port allow you to bring the boxed water to shore?  

Yes, as far as I know. Some ports they are looking for food items... lots of times they have the dogs out in Cozumel and they do hand searches in Bermuda sometimes. 

• Thanks 1

When going ashore we bring our water bottles from home, filling with ice provided by our room steward.

Then top off with water And stick it in out tote

Lasts most of the day 😊

Edited by janetz
  • Like 1

Just off 15 days on the joy.   

I bring a Yeti with me.   
I had tap water the entire trip. 
Also used packets of assorted crystal lite.    
Fill with ice from my ice bucket.   
fill with tap water and packet of CL

Never needed to buy any water package.  Tasted just fine.   
3 cruises back to back.  29 days.  Never bought water.    
also never an issue coming back to the ships with something in my yeti.  

D9DE89DA-D73C-44C4-96F4-7EB342AABCF9.jpeg

• Like 3