Lunch at Bimini

babycatsy

On 2/1/2023 at 1:20 AM, janbear said:

Seriously VV would make so many people happy with just burgers and fries on Bimini. Its not complicated 🙂

Id be very disappointed.

On 2/2/2023 at 5:06 AM, Ekposh said:

How long is the tram journey? Is it reasonable to go to the Beach Club, back to ship and then back to club in afternoon? 

Seems many people do this. I was wondering about doing a tour in the morning, back to the ship for lunch and a refresh, then club in late afternoon / evening? 

Is it easy enough to pick up a local tour? 

Thx

There are no local tours. The tram ride is about 10 minutes to beach.

There are no close food options other than very expensive food truck or the hotel. Lots of great local food but needs a golf cart ride. and Bimini is expensive. We go every year for a paddling to the US charity event.

Most people just chill at the Beach Club unless they are doing a ship sponsored excursion.  There is a tour that will take you into town as well as they typical fishing/scuba/snorkel type excursions.  You can see what's available on the VV web site.

Beach is usually more than enough for me! I’ve done the 2 tank dive (don’t really recommend, as they don’t tell you the first site is a stationary shark dive until you’re on the boat, and the other site is a nice but shallow reef area- could have just snorkeled it!), and the sapona snorkel (cool, but smack in the middle of the day, so your beach day is cut way short)

On 1/31/2023 at 8:16 PM, AtSeaWithChris said:

I personally think the food at Bimini sucks. I’ll eat on the ship before and after. 

For sure.  Everything was overcooked and rubbery.  What a letdown compared to the rest of the experience.  I liked the rum cake too but I wonder if it was so good only in contrast to the rubber fish and corn.  Eat on the ship before going!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

My husband has some dietary restrictions and also doesn’t drink alcohol, so even the rum cake would be off limits for him.

First Virgin cruise, wondering about the possibility of taking a sandwich or other food as a “picnic lunch” option?  Order on the ship, carry off to eat later?

Is this do-able?

13 minutes ago, Goobaroo said:

My husband has some dietary restrictions and also doesn’t drink alcohol, so even the rum cake would be off limits for him.

First Virgin cruise, wondering about the possibility of taking a sandwich or other food as a “picnic lunch” option?  Order on the ship, carry off to eat later?

Is this do-able?

Only if you don't tell them.  Food safety issues and the fact that you are entering another country would lead them to tell you that they can handle the issues on shore.  My suggestion would be to have brunch before you head to the island and come back to the ship for food when your tummy says you've had enough island!

• Like 1

We thought the food sucked on Bimini Beach club as well. It was all over cooked and tasted bland. The ship food is 100x better. We ate a big breakfast/brunch and went back early to eat on ship. I agree on just serving burgers, fries, food on a grill. Or at least adding that as an option.

A couple of things that may help in your planning.

- The regular crew from Razzle Dazzle works at the Beach Club so don't go for Brunch at Razzle Dazzle on a Bimini Beach Club day as the food and service was a huge step down. 

- There are 2 food stations at the Beach Club that serve the same menu but in my experience can be very different in quality. One of the stations may have a few more selections if the other station is out as well. 

- The food is overall OK...  in my experience, The grilled fish was very good, the rum cake was good, the curry was average, and the salad with the fruit was terrible. I only tried it once, and now I make sure to have lunch on the ship before heading to the club. 

- The beach club is very nice for what it is but I only need to stay for an hour or 2 tops. After my first Virgin cruise where I hurried off to the beach club with everyone else, my normal routine now is to enjoy the quiet of the mostly empty ship and chill until lunch time. I have lunch at the Galley, and then head off for an afternoon at the Beach Club. 

Edited by Travel-and-See
  • Like 1

Totally agree that RD on Beach Club day was a mess.  I don't know if it was a training crew or people from another restaurant, but they didn't have a clue what they were doing.  We had never seen the people before or after that.

• Like 1