Chaplain

oceangal00

Hi all! Please pardon my very random request, but I was hoping someone could help me out. I was working on the Holland America Line Volendam this past November/December, and while I was on board I went through some difficult times in my personal life and the chaplain on board helped me out tremendously. He gave me his card with his full name and email address, but in packing and unpacking it seems it got thrown away. He left the ship before I did and I know he went on to a Cunard ship but I can't remember which. I know it started off in England. I'm pretty sure his name was John and his wife's name was Grace. They were both so lovely to me and I wish I could reach out to them to thank them. Is there anyone on any of the Cunard ships who knows them and would be willing to find out his full name or email address? If you mention it to him, I'm pretty sure he would remember. I would also be willing to share my email address through private message. Thank you so so much, I know this is an odd post but I appreciate any help!! 

40 minutes ago, oceangal00 said:

Hi all! Please pardon my very random request, but I was hoping someone could help me out. I was working on the Holland America Line Volendam this past November/December, and while I was on board I went through some difficult times in my personal life and the chaplain on board helped me out tremendously. He gave me his card with his full name and email address, but in packing and unpacking it seems it got thrown away. He left the ship before I did and I know he went on to a Cunard ship but I can't remember which. I know it started off in England. I'm pretty sure his name was John and his wife's name was Grace. They were both so lovely to me and I wish I could reach out to them to thank them. Is there anyone on any of the Cunard ships who knows them and would be willing to find out his full name or email address? If you mention it to him, I'm pretty sure he would remember. I would also be willing to share my email address through private message. Thank you so so much, I know this is an odd post but I appreciate any help!! 

I can remember that there was a Rabbi on the Qe2 but in my memory there is not a chaplain onboard the ships - the Sunday service is usually taken by the Master......

On 2/2/2023 at 6:48 AM, GeorgianGal100 said:

Could it possibly be John Van Huizen, he has a wife called Grace and has been a chaplain on cruise ships?  Does that surname ring a "ship's" bell?

OMG yes that is him!!! I was able to find his website and can contact him through there. Thank you so so much. 

Edited by oceangal00
  • Like 4