DSC after an upgrade

tempus137

I just received an email from the upgrade fairy for a may cruise on the Joy. We booked an aft-facing balcony & pre-paid the DSC before the increase. 

My question is this. If we upgrade to a suite or to the Haven, will we get charged the higher DSC, and which of 3 amounts will they charge? 

1- Difference between current balcony & suite charge (I think it's $5 per person per day.

2- Difference between 2022 balcony & suite charge.

3- Difference between what we paid ($15.50) and the current suite charge ($25).

1 hour ago, tempus137 said:

I just received an email from the upgrade fairy for a may cruise on the Joy. We booked an aft-facing balcony & pre-paid the DSC before the increase. 

My question is this. If we upgrade to a suite or to the Haven, will we get charged the higher DSC, and which of 3 amounts will they charge? 

1- Difference between current balcony & suite charge (I think it's $5 per person per day.

Very simple.  If you prepay the DSC for your current cabin now (before you win an upgrade bid) you will not be charged any additional DSC.

this is what we did last year when we won a bid.  Had already prepaid and didn’t get any additional charge. 

if you wait until you win and didn’t prepay (you may not hear until the day before you cruise). You will be charged the prevailing DSC of $25pppd for the haven. 

17 hours ago, tempus137 said:

What is your sail date? we are on the Joy May 28th and looking for upgrade  TIA

On 2/2/2023 at 5:52 PM, JandC_Cruising said:

if you wait until you win and didn’t prepay (you may not hear until the day before you cruise). You will be charged the prevailing DSC of $25pppd for the haven. 

This is incorrect.  Your DSC will not increase. Refer to the T&Cs of the upgrade bid program to further answer the question.  The only thing, with 1 exception, that will change is the room.  The 1 exception is if booked in a spa suite, the passenger will lose the access portion to the spa.

Edited by razor7_us
Typo