Curling tongs and hair straighteners

florence11

35 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Have never been on the Emerald (yet) but every ship that I have been on there has been a two prong 220 volt European style outlet.  You should plan on taking an adapter.

We use an inexpensive adapter that gives us 3 or 4 types of outlets. No need for a voltage converter or buying new appliances.

2 hours ago, florence11 said:

Hi,

I am from the UK and going on Emerald Princess  in March and I would like to know if there is a UK pug socket in the cabin or do I need to buy different appliances.

Thanks 

We sailed on the Emerald from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale last November and had NO European or UK outlets in our stateroom (minisuite). We had our adapters after travelling in Europe for a couple of weeks and were counting on using them for extra plug in opportunities as most ships have too few outlets and at least one euro one. I was very surprised. On the Royal last week we did have a euro outlet, so it looks like Princess is not consistent across ship classes in this.

You can pick up cheap adapters thru Amazon, or TK maxx, etc in the UK.

23 hours ago, sunviking90 said:

We sailed on the Emerald from Southampton to Fort Lauderdale last November and had NO European or UK outlets in our stateroom (minisuite). We had our adapters after travelling in Europe for a couple of weeks and were counting on using them for extra plug in opportunities as most ships have too few outlets and at least one euro one. I was very surprised. On the Royal last week we did have a euro outlet, so it looks like Princess is not consistent across ship classes in this.

You can pick up cheap adapters thru Amazon, or TK maxx, etc in the UK.

I was on that same sailing and also had a minisuite. I do not remember any EURO or UK outlets either.