My first B2B will be live from Mardi Gras, Feb 4 to Feb18

IntrepidFromDC

3 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

Tom, I asked 2 different workers at Emeril's if the muffeletas are premade or made to order. One said made to order,  the other said premade in the kitchen.  Either way, I can't get a pic. I ordered fried oysters. 

Go for it... order one.. if nothing else, as a tie breaker !!

Tom

• Like 1

I will guess that the chair wear issue is due to the mfg using "bonded fabric".....it is a BIG issue in the furniture industry.  Often the furniture mfgs are not aware of the issue because the fabric is ordered in...short cuts by the companies who make the fabric.

Edited by Hogladyrider
  • Like 2

On 2/2/2023 at 11:18 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

As you are probably well aware, you are in for a TREAT!  Good luck trying to do everything!

If I could only give one tip for first-time Mardi Gras cruisers it would be about the food - check out the much-improved free food at places like Shaq's, Shawarma, Seadogs, Street Eats and choose any time dining so you can eat at Chibang and other places (help me people) at regular dining time instead of MDR.  Oh, and don't forget about Rudi's!

We found it definitely quantity over quality. Service was lacking and downright poor. Not because of the employees they were working so hard but there were too few of them and way too many people on Mardi Gras. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Palmetto Pilot said:

We found it definitely quantity over quality. Service was lacking and downright poor. Not because of the employees they were working so hard but there were too few of them and way too many people on Mardi Gras. 

I agree, it seems like the training has changed to be less "fun" and not a good staff/cruiser ratio. For the food,  I do like most of the new restaurants. Here's tempura shrimp...

1676262914248802773473049006406.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/13/2023 at 8:53 PM, jamscckmc said:

Been worried about Covid more now that nobody has to test. Hard to know numbers since on the 7 night or less a lot of people won’t have symptoms till after the cruise. There’s always those who will go on the cruise not feeling well.

So just got off a  day on Mardi Gras, and are fine.  We went last year on a 10-day cruise and within 2 days tested positive, (first my husband and then me several days later).  Guess we were just anticipating it happening again and just planned to isolate for a week after we returned.  But have been back for 11 days and no symptoms. 😁  I say just go and enjoy, be mindful of washing your hands every chance you can!

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 11:35 PM, IntrepidFromDC said:

I agree, it seems like the training has changed to be less "fun" and not a good staff/cruiser ratio. For the food,  I do like most of the new restaurants. Here's tempura shrimp...

1676262914248802773473049006406.jpg

That looks delicious!

• Like 1