NCL sailing out of Trieste

Knighthunter

You will more than likely fly in to Venice - there is a direct flight from YYZ to VCE which is very convenient. However, flying YYZ - and connecting through Munich on Air Dolomites to TRS is also an option and much closer. I have used both when going to visit family in Italy. Also, Air Transat has a direct flight YYZ to VCE but I have never flown with them.

It will all depend on whether you want to spend time in Venice pre or post cruise. 

I was on the GEM out of Trieste this past Sept.  Flew into VCE. 

NCL offered a shuttle from VCE to the ship. 

I took the train to Trieste, about $15.  After the cruise, took flixbus to VCE and overnighted near the airport.

( I planned on walking from Trieste train station to the pier, about a 20 minute walk, however the Gem was at the commercial port outside of town so we had to taxi instead. Where the Gem docked changed all summer )

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 11:55 AM, mapleleaves said:

I was on the GEM out of Trieste this past Sept.  Flew into VCE. 

NCL offered a shuttle from VCE to the ship. 

@mapleleaves--you seem really quite helpful on your other posts in this forum, so I'll direct this your way: Just wondering if you can say anything more about NCL's shuttle offerings from VCE.

We're leaving Trieste on NCL Dawn on the evening of Nov 14, and I'm looking at getting into VCE early on Nov 13*. Was thinking about staying near-ish the airport, taking train in for the afternoon and evening; perhaps even returning for the morning a bit--or making an earlier departure via train to Trieste and hiring a private tour of that area for the afternoon as an option. 

But was also wondering if returning to VCE to catch NCL's shuttle would work.

Thanks!

*(I know it's not enough time pre-cruise for Venice--or any other place--but it never is, is it? And unfortunately we have work to do and lives to live on this end, too, dang it!)

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I didn't save any info about NCL transfers to Trieste; only the return direction.

You'll need to contact NCL to see how often the transfer departs from VCE. Also ask if they'll have a transfer from Venice (Tronchetto).  Last yr they didn't, but Tronchetto might be a more convenient location for you, esp if you're sightseeing in Venice beforehand.  It would save you from having to go back to the airport.

With your ship departing at 9pm, you won't have to be onboard until 7, so you really have quite a bit of time to play with. I would assume the last shuttle leaves around 3/4pm depending on whether or not pax are still arriving.  

If you haven't been to Venice before, you certainly have enough time to get a taste of it. Even if you do nothing more than ride a waterbus down the Grand Canal and back.  (And BTW, the train doesn't run from the airport into Venice, you'll need a bus, about 20 minutes)

Sorry.  I hope the transfer times work well for you.

• Thanks 1