30 days and counting each sleep!

thetravelsofmrsb

Only 30 days till we board Seadream 1 and my husband and I are so very excited. We had a voyage booked in May 2020 but the dreaded Covid put an end to that so fast forward a few years later and we are finally getting to sail on Seadream!

I can’t wait to sleep under the stars, go down the water slide, experience the champagne and caviar splash and just enjoy the day to day life of being on Seadream with all the amazing food, drink and service that we have read so many fantastic things about.

I have gone back so far on this forum reading all the message which I always find so helpful before we sail but any tips will be greatly appreciated whether that be your favourite cocktail on board, a particular breakfast order etc. We both love our food so that is something we are very much looking forward to!

• Like 1

I don't know if you've been cruising before or been to the Caribbean before.  SD is small, friendly, and intimate. The staff will all know your name and what you like.  We've done 13 SD's, all on SDI and all in the Caribbean and plan on continuing to do so.  You'll have a great time. 

You'll meet and love Christoph, Anna (she's a Brit, too) Leo, Mikkee, et al. Be sure to hit the TOY Bar and say "hi" to Josh.    

Thank you @cabosal1 

We have been to the Caribbean a few times and we absolutely love it, the beaches, the people, the relaxed way of life. We have cruised, with a variety of lines, but never done a small ship, yachting experience which we are looking forward to experiencing with SD. We have done a river cruise but think that’s probably like comparing chalk and cheese!

I have a feeling we will be spending a lot of time at the top of the yacht bar, sounds like our kind of place!

I feel ya, Mrs. B!  We have only 15 more sleeps until our first taste of SeaDream.  I have clothes laid out already and lists all over the place!  This is our first real Caribbean experience too.  I know better than to wish time away, but I don't think I've been this excited since Christmas morning when I was six!

• Like 1

You will love it (we will be on SDI on March 18th and SDII on April 8th) and the food is beyond amazing but  I do remember the banana pancakes for breakfast - I didn't discover them until the last day on our first cruise  which is a good thing or I would have put on more than the 5lbs I did that week LOL.

Have a blast

• Like 1

As far as drinks, I would recommend you try lots of new things.  I like to say, I'd like a drink with XXX, something I don't usually drink.  They will ask whether you want sweet, or tart, etc.  Then I go back to the ones I love.   On the day of the caviar flash, I love to do the walk to foxy's on jost can dyke in the morning or to the top of virgin gorda with the crew.  (and then drink lots of painkillers!)

• Like 1