Splendor Suite B Deck 6

glsebs

We are looking at the Splendor August 31 cruise Reykjavik to Copenhagen.  There are only  2 penthouse cabins available….. 653 and 657.

It appears that they are both over the ship tenders and 657 is also near the elevators.  I am concerned about this location. 

Any opinions?

Thanks.

You may hear the lifeboat winches when they are being deployed, but since you only have one tender port it should not be a major issue.

Being near the stairs/elevators will be convenient; you are unlikely to suffer noise.

Unfortunately the rear stairs/elevators on Splendor (and Explorer) do not service deck 4 (or 12), so you will have to go to the forward stairs/elevators to access Compass Rose.

13 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Plenty of F2 cabins available in better locations, so why a Cat B?  You will have same chances of getting excursions as you are within 240 days even if you are not Silver.

For me, a Penthouse B was all that was available at the time I booked it in 2021.

I choose Concierge and above for the Pre-night Hotel stay. I know that you could book your own hotel and arrange your own ship transfers, but I didn't want that hassle, even though, yes it could save me $$$$. As for location, I have 606 on the Port side, and I don't think it'll bother be. We'll see.

15 hours ago, glsebs said:

We are looking at the Splendor August 31 cruise Reykjavik to Copenhagen.  There are only  2 penthouse cabins available….. 653 and 657.

It appears that they are both over the ship tenders and 657 is also near the elevators.  I am concerned about this location. 

Any opinions?

Thanks.

Here is a video of PB 653: 

Thank you all for your advice.

We booked 653 as it is further from the elevators. We decided that the one anchor day on this itinerary would not be that big a deal.  We are early risers anyway!

We were able to take advantage of the promotion.  We upgraded 2 categories from Concierge and saved a lot of money and gained a lot more space.  Iceland has been on our bucket list for anwhile, and we are excited to visit.

• Like 2