MSC Flights

Bgwest

Try as I may, I simply cannot find where to book flights. I've followed the directions below and still come up empty. Can anyone assist us in where to look?

Your dream holiday is only a few clicks away with MSC Hotels and Flights.

If you have already booked an MSC Cruise online, MSC Hotels and Flights will provide the best available selection of hotels, flights and transfers at any moment: extend your stay before or after your cruise in top rated destinations and surroundings worldwide. With MSC Hotels and Flights, you'll have the possibility to plan and manage your entire holiday in just one place!

Log in to your personal area by clicking on the button below and find the MSC Hotels and Flights banner located in the My Cruise section. Browse through a variety of hotel, flight and transfer solutions to enhance your next MSC cruise.

• Thanks 1

I was just informed by my TA that she can see it for cruises booked by her. So I guess for us to choose it must be a non-TA-controlled booking. Not a problem for us as she will give me all the options and I can still see if I can find anything better and book myself. I will be curious mostly for airfares.

I know on HAL I could always see things myself even if the booking was controlled by my PCC.

Dennis

Very curious to me that.....

If you have already booked an MSC Cruise online, MSC Hotels and Flights will provide the best available selection of hotels, flights and transfers at any moment.

....would be on the very first page of the "My Cruises" tab, the tab that shows all the details of our upcoming trip if we cannot access and book it. 

Our reservation is in the hands of our TA. 

Edited by Bgwest

1 hour ago, Bgwest said:

Very curious to me that.....

If you have already booked an MSC Cruise online, MSC Hotels and Flights will provide the best available selection of hotels, flights and transfers at any moment.

....would be on the very first page of the "My Cruises" tab, the tab that shows all the details of our upcoming trip if we cannot access and book it. 

Our reservation is in the hands of our TA. 

LMAO, curious? Have you sailed MSC? This is how they work. Make it hard. Make it unusable. And god forbid if you need to change anything.

Honestly, I was curious to see the prices, but I wouldn't trust MSC with my flights or hotels. Half the time they don't keep my cruise reservation straight.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, alyssamma said:

LMAO, curious? Have you sailed MSC? This is how they work. Make it hard. Make it unusable. And god forbid if you need to change anything.

Honestly, I was curious to see the prices, but I wouldn't trust MSC with my flights or hotels. Half the time they don't keep my cruise reservation straight.

Why would you choose to laugh at me for asking a serious question?

3 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Why would you choose to laugh at me for asking a serious question?

Wasn't laughing at you. Was making fun of MSC. You have over 2K posts...I assumed (incorrectly?) you were familiar with how horrible MSC is.

If you re-read my post I think you'll realize I was sarcastic and anti-MSC, not anti-you.

Hi! So this is my first cruise and I booked with msc for Bahamas cruise in November. After reading some comments. I am not a little reluctant to go . I’m traveling alone and just wanted to relax for a couple days. Are they reall difficult to deal with ? What if I tried to cancel I just booked it today ? 

9 minutes ago, Kattness said:

Hi! So this is my first cruise and I booked with msc for Bahamas cruise in November. After reading some comments. I am not a little reluctant to go . I’m traveling alone and just wanted to relax for a couple days. Are they reall difficult to deal with ? What if I tried to cancel I just booked it today ? 

If you don't make changes to your reservation, you should be fine.  If you do, you may have some headaches in advance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kattness said:

What do you mean changed .. after booking my cruise I have seen other sights that offer a ton of added options .. that I would have liked to had those options when booking. Like free wifi, drink packages, ect..

If you are changing to a new promotion that offers more for a better price, you should be okay.  But if it was me, I'd be more inclined to cancel the old booking (I assume you are not in the final payment/penalty phase) and rebook with the promotion that you want.

Fantastica bookings give you 1 change for free without actually cancelling, so if your current booking is fantastica and you make a change, then that would count as your one free change.  If you cancelled and rebooked the promotion you want, then you wouldn't have any changes yet.  I don't recommend Bella bookings and I don't believe they give you a free change.

Let's say for example you see a better price later.  If you've changed your current Fantastica booking (assuming that's what it is) to a different promotion, then they'll charge you a change fee at a minimum (probably $100).  But if there have not been changes to your reservation (i.e. new booking), then your one free change to the new promotion could happen without triggering a change fee.  No, $100 won't bankrupt any of us, but better to avoid it if possible.

With MSC, the cruises are pretty good and the ships are usually quite nice, but when you make changes to the reservation, then things can get wonky.  Something like adding an excursion is usually fine, but simple things like adding a guest, changing cabins, or altering dining times are sometimes problematic.  It's best to get the cabin, pricing and promotions in place from the onset and leave it alone until you sail.  Even if they get the dining time wrong, my advice is to leave it be until you are on the ship and sort it out at that time.

Let me also add that there are times where they refuse to make a change.  For example, I booked a European cruise for later this year and they changed ships on me.  They moved me from an unobstructed glass balcony to a steel balcony at the front of the ship that you cannot see through.  I requested that they move me to a glass balcony cabin probably 3-4 times, but they refused.  Fortunately, I booked a similar MSC sailing on a different ship and will likely just cancel the one w/the steel balcony, but again, they have their little idiosyncrasies for sure.

Edited by Stockjock
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kattness said:

What do you mean changed .. after booking my cruise I have seen other sights that offer a ton of added options .. that I would have liked to had those options when booking. Like free wifi, drink packages, ect..

@Stockjock gave you a great answer. Let me just add, when you get onboard, you'll enjoy it. If you have to deal with customer service for anything, it may or may not be a pleasant experience.

You may also, as @Stockjock said in his post experience a change to your itinerary - possibly without them letting you know - so you need to keep an eye on your booking.

It sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for a cruise, and it is, but again, once onboard, you'll enjoy it. Especially if you said in the Yacht Club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

@Stockjock gave you a great answer. Let me just add, when you get onboard, you'll enjoy it. If you have to deal with customer service for anything, it may or may not be a pleasant experience.

You may also, as @Stockjock said in his post experience a change to your itinerary - possibly without them letting you know - so you need to keep an eye on your booking.

It sounds like a lot of trouble to go through for a cruise, and it is, but again, once onboard, you'll enjoy it. Especially if you said in the Yacht Club.

I think MSC is getting better at notifications, and I hate to be redundant, but they changed a 4 night cruise out of Barcelona to a 20 night cruise out of Brazil, changed the date and of course the itinerary was drastically different and didn't notify me in any way.  I happened to take a look at the booking before final payment and saw the change.

I concede that this is rare, but it's the kind of thing that has happened, although uncommonly.  So good advice to look at the booking every now and then.

• Like 1

So I can change my Cruz if I found a better price on a different sight with better promotions but stay with the same cruise line? Is what i am understanding. Don’t change rooms ect. Adding a guest will be difficult but possible if f need be. ? 
thank you for all advice I really appreciate it! Oh and cruising solo should I have any concerns? 

17 hours ago, Kattness said:

So I can change my Cruz if I found a better price on a different sight with better promotions but stay with the same cruise line? Is what i am understanding. Don’t change rooms ect. Adding a guest will be difficult but possible if f need be. ? 
thank you for all advice I really appreciate it! Oh and cruising solo should I have any concerns? 

First of all go to the MSC USA website and price your current cruise on there. It will give you options such as preselecting your cabin, adding the drink/wifi package, etc. See what the total is compared to what you currently have. If it's satisfactory, you might be able to call MSC and get them to change your existing reservation.

But also look at the offers you're currently seeing on other websites. Do you actually qualify for them? For instance, and for example only, perhaps the $50 refund only applies to balcony/suite cabins. Or when it says Free Drinks/Wifi, you have to pick a more expensive fare, not the bare fare.

So don't assume there is a better deal until you price it all the way through including from MSC itself.