Pre departure packet

TWA bluesy

We're on the Cape Horn Expedition leaving Santiago Chile on Feb 17th.   We've been on 4 Regent cruises and on every one, we received a packet that contained among other info, suitcase tags that listed our state room.  

I don't know if I'm getting a runaround, but we haven't received the packet above.  We HAVE received our "boarding passes".  This morning I was told this is all we get.  In other words, no suitcase tags to list our stateroom on.  Our boarding time starts at noon.  I'm hoping Regent has bag tags available so we can just drop our bags and maybe "cruise" the dock area with the insurance that our 2 suitcase will find their way to our stateroom.

Main question here is "does Regent send out these packets anymore?"

They still send out the packets as of a month ago.  Some contents may be an issue of status level.  We got the all important the tags to board your luggage with the large deck level.  Also a zippered portfolio case (suitable for a tablet computer), leather bag tags which may be a function of Platinum status.  Our Silver traveling companions certainly got the boarding luggage tags.

Who told you no more tags and where do you live?  There have been reports of variances between US and international travelers.

2 hours ago, Portolan said:

They still send out the packets as of a month ago.  Some contents may be an issue of status level.  We got the all important the tags to board your luggage with the large deck level.  Also a zippered portfolio case (suitable for a tablet computer), leather bag tags which may be a function of Platinum status.  Our Silver traveling companions certainly got the boarding luggage tags.

Who told you no more tags and where do you live?  There have been reports of variances between US and international travelers.

Thanks, I guess we fell threw the cracks.  I called Regent and was told they sent the packet to my travel agent who claims he did not receive them. We board in 13 days so I guess we'll just show up.

1 hour ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

Yes they do.  We just returned from Splendor, and we got ours about a month before sailing.  In the U.S., which may make a difference.  Do you have a TA to check with?

Thanks, I guess we fell threw the cracks.  I called Regent and was told they sent the packet to my travel agent who claims he did not receive them. We board in 13 days so I guess we'll just show up.

We got ours today for our March 5 Voyager cruise (with pre-trip to Iguazu Falls).  There a zip portfolio inside a blue bag with black leather luggage tags and deck tags and a print out of all our days and some other marketing stuff.  Shipped direct to us, not through our travel agent.  It was delivered by FedEx, not USPS.

Enjoying these posts, as we had a document snafu just recently. We booked a Regent cruise, late for Feb. 8th.

However, I was keeping an eye out for delivery from a service (UPS or FedEX). I would so have preferred to have them come to our PO box, but I guess Regent doesn't do that.

When I asked our TA about the missing docs, she contacted Regent and they told her they had been sent and delivered. Ah...no. Apparently they were thrown on our porch several days previous, but we live in an old house and use our back door exclusively. Our regular FedEx guy knows this. 

Long story short.....opened the package to find docs for our late March Amazon cruise. Apparently nothing for Feb. Back to TA....porch pirates for missing docs? Nope. After much head scratching, I went back to the Amazon packet. Lo and behold, stuffed into the Amazon folder were the doc for Feb....not even in a seperate folder. 

So the moral of this story is, if you have two cruises booked close together and are missing docs, look in the one folder. They may be in there.

I told our TA that this is a stupid procedure from Regent....We're now asking for a signature delivery.

We had no notice that docs for anything was coming, much less an end of March cruise.

16 hours ago, TWA bluesy said:

Received packet for our Feb 8 cruise a while back.  Have experienced your stated issue.  Found that Regent actually sent the package to the TA's corporate office.  They had to overnight to me.  Since bringing this to everyone's attention - have been receiving packet directly on subsequent cruises.

We are on the Feb 17 South America cruise, and we received our cruise documents, luggage tags, etc. two or three weeks ago, delivered to our house.  We live in Nova Scotia, Canada.  See you on the cruise.