Turning Platinum/earlier check in date question

Drose716

This may be a somewhat unique scenario but I’m curious if anyone has any experience & knows the answer. 

We’ll be on the Celebration 2/19 sailing which I will complete 1 night shy of Platinum. I’ll then be on the Radiance 3/10 sailing. So the check in period is during my Celebration cruise.

Is my check in window going to open 16 days out or is it going to be 14 days out since I’ll still be in process of my final Gold cruise?

Its really no big deal either way. I just got thinking about it tonight with Celebration check in coming up this weekend & got curious 🤔

You will not have earned your Celebration points before the Radiance checkin window opens, since you will still be on the cruise. They’re not credited until a few days after completing the cruise.

I would expect your checkin will open 14 days beforehand. But congratulations on platinum! I finally got there last summer. I too ended my previous cruise at 74 points.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

You will not have earned your Celebration points before the Radiance checkin window opens, since you will still be on the cruise. They’re not credited until a few days after completing the cruise.

I would expect your checkin will open 14 days beforehand. But congratulations on platinum! I finally got there last summer. I too ended my previous cruise at 74 points.

Thank you! That’s what I figured but I was just curious & going to set myself a reminder to check in. We’re in no hurry. It’s a mother daughter trip & our first time on the west coast. We’ll keep busy! 

Im excited for the platinum mostly because I had 2 cruises cancelled in 2020 so I’ve been waiting patiently for this small honor 😆

in your cruise manager it shows you the date check in becomes available. look at the date on a calendar and it should show 16 days in advance

for me, on the cruise i was turning platinum on i was able to check in 16 days in advance

You won't turn Platinum until you actually board the Radiance- correct? You'll only have 74 days accumulated at the end of the Celebration cruise. Through you will be Platinum once you board Radiance, from the start with the perks offered therein, you won't be until you actually complete the boarding. So you'll still check in at 14 days.  EDIT: This is from experience, lol and I even called Carnival to see what the situation was and was informed that's how it works. You can't have the necessary days until you actually board- before that point you could still cancel.

Edited by Jasonsterling

My hubbs is ONE DAY short for his platinum status. With our upcoming cruise, he will have earned enough for the ranking on the first day, right?  That's not how it works. He won't officially be ranked platinum until the next cruise AFTER he has earned that point. It's worth waiting for. The perks are nice, and because I have been platinum for a long time, he has been able to use some of the benefits just by being my cabin-mate; for example, the arrival time and departure time. 

55 minutes ago, BobbiSox said:

My hubbs is ONE DAY short for his platinum status. With our upcoming cruise, he will have earned enough for the ranking on the first day, right?  That's not how it works. He won't officially be ranked platinum until the next cruise AFTER he has earned that point. It's worth waiting for. The perks are nice, and because I have been platinum for a long time, he has been able to use some of the benefits just by being my cabin-mate; for example, the arrival time and departure time. 

If he is already at 74 he will be platinum on his next cruise , not after unless Carnival has recently changed things.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

in your cruise manager it shows you the date check in becomes available. look at the date on a calendar and it should show 16 days in advance

for me, on the cruise i was turning platinum on i was able to check in 16 days in advance

That’s what made me think of it. People in our “other site” group mentioned turning platinum on the celebration & checking in yesterday. So I know it was available ahead of actually being platinum. But I’m thinking the system won’t count me in that status because I’ll still be on a cruise at check in time.

10 hours ago, cyntil8ing said:

This.  Your Celebration VIFP points will accrue approximately 2/28, after you have already checked in using the 14 day window using the applicable Gold parameters.  It will be a little interesting to see if the rest of your trip is treated as Platinum.  Take a look at your S&S cards on the Radiance and report back! Enjoy.

5 minutes ago, TxShipShape said:

I’ll then be on the Radiance 3/10 sailing. So the check in period is during my Celebration cruise.

FYI Go to the internet calf during the Celebration cruise.  You can log on to your Cruise Manager for free.to do your check in.

Good point. You can also do it on your phone/tablet if you wish from the comfort of your cabin. Although I do prefer to check-in on a computer with a keyboard and mouse so I'd probably do the cafe as well.

There's no real rush to check-in early unless you want the earliest arrival appointment though. I've booked last minute before and thus checked in very late, and still got to choose my preferred arrival appointment.