Odyssey this Week

Last day of cruise and my quick impressions!

Food : I would rate as Good and we did get offered a second lobster and they were still the small ones 

Entertainment: Ranged from Corny to OK

Bar Service : overwhelmed on Sea Days but many Pool waiters available 

Chops: A very nice Meal but I might not buy again 

The Book show: most interesting show I saw all week 

And now its Time to start packing :(

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2023 at 12:45 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

I am going on Odyssey tomorrow.  I am curious to see if the ship is still in great shape like it was when I sailed on her 18 months ago. . 

Would you mind posting the show schedule?.  I know it won't be the same for our TA in April on her, but I can at least see what shows I want to book.  Have a wonderful cruise.

On 2/4/2023 at 10:36 AM, Harrisonkid said:

Last day of cruise and my quick impressions!

Food : I would rate as Good and we did get offered a second lobster and they were still the small ones 

Entertainment: Ranged from Corny to OK

Bar Service : overwhelmed on Sea Days but many Pool waiters available 

Chops: A very nice Meal but I might not buy again 

The Book show: most interesting show I saw all week 

And now its Time to start packing 😞

We were also on last week.  
Food was mostly good, I loved cafe 270, MDR was good except for carne asada (worst MDR food in over 50 cruises), Solarium Bistro was good but much smaller than Oasis class and even entrees are buffet at dinner, Giovanni’s was very good.  Windjammer was better than expected.

Shows -  the Book was great.  Comedian juggler was much better than I expected.  We didn’t like Effectors, too much special effects and not much else.  Lights don’t usually bother me, but the ones pointed at the audience were too bright.

I thought the ship was in great shape.  On sea days they actually policed the chair hogs!  One of our favorite places was on 15 beside the walking track.  There were comfortable blue chairs in the shade.  Very nice on sea days.

All in all, a good vacation.

On 2/8/2023 at 4:48 PM, ATG said:

We were also on last week.  
Food was mostly good, I loved cafe 270, MDR was good except for carne asada (worst MDR food in over 50 cruises), Solarium Bistro was good but much smaller than Oasis class and even entrees are buffet at dinner, Giovanni’s was very good.  Windjammer was better than expected.

Shows -  the Book was great.  Comedian juggler was much better than I expected.  We didn’t like Effectors, too much special effects and not much else.  Lights don’t usually bother me, but the ones pointed at the audience were too bright.

I thought the ship was in great shape.  On sea days they actually policed the chair hogs!  One of our favorite places was on 15 beside the walking track.  There were comfortable blue chairs in the shade.  Very nice on sea days.

All in all, a good vacation.

Can you enlighten me on the story line of The Book I was lost and still have no idea what it was about.

5 minutes ago, ihate2cruise said:

Can you enlighten me on the story line of The Book I was lost and still have no idea what it was about.

🤣 I'm in your camp. I couldn't tell you what it was supposedly about. However, I did enjoy watching it, but mostly for the technical and effects part of it. 

On 2/8/2023 at 3:48 PM, ATG said:

We didn’t like Effectors, too much special effects and not much else.  Lights don’t usually bother me, but the ones pointed at the audience were too bright.

We also didn't like Effectors. Found it absolutely cheesy and campy. Story was completely lame. And while I liked the effects for The Book, these were just all lights and eh stuff. I also agree about the bright lights in the audiences eyes. 

To be honest with you, we think the 5 minutes of Rogers! The Musical (as seen in Hawkeye) has better production quality.

To put this in context, my wife loves musicals. She loved Hairspray! on Symphony (both cruises), and while I'm not a musicals person (unless you count The Blues Brothers🤣), I actually enjoyed it as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ihate2cruise said:

I didn’t think it had a plot, just assorted vignettes.  I thought of it as pulling books out and reading a chapter then putting it back and trying another one.  I enjoyed the experience even if I didn’t follow a plot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ATG said:

I didn’t think it had a plot, just assorted vignettes.  I thought of it as pulling books out and reading a chapter then putting it back and trying another one.  I enjoyed the experience even if I didn’t follow a plot.

Thats exactly right....everyone keeps looking for a plot and simply there really isn't one....but great performing and entertaining.