Saint Greg's Magic Super Bowl cruise - Live - February 11-19

Saint Greg

I need to figure out what to do tomorrow. I have a really late flight. Like 5pm. I was hoping they would have some kind of excursion like Miami does. But they don’t. All they have is airport transfers. 

I looked into doing something on my own but didn’t see anything great and the logistics stink with my suitcase.

I think my options are use some of my OBC on a transfer. 9:30 is the latest one I can book. And spend the day at the airport..probably working on my website. Or stay on the ship until last call. And maybe by then the nearest restaurant is open for lunch. And maybe since it’s so close to the port they won’t mind my suitcase. Then I can wait for an optimal time to take an Uber/Lyft to the airport.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

It has been our experience that cruising in Jan & Feb is usually windy.

Smoothest sailing is during hurricane season providing no storms 

This is definitely the earliest in the year I’ve ever cruised. I did have a Feb 18th cruise in 2017. Other than that it’s usually more like early March.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I need to figure out what to do tomorrow. I have a really late flight. Like 5pm. I was hoping they would have some kind of excursion like Miami does. But they don’t. All they have is airport transfers. 

I looked into doing something on my own but didn’t see anything great and the logistics stink with my suitcase.

I think my options are use some of my OBC on a transfer. 9:30 is the latest one I can book. And spend the day at the airport..probably working on my website. Or stay on the ship until last call. And maybe by then the nearest restaurant is open for lunch. And maybe since it’s so close to the port they won’t mind my suitcase. Then I can wait for an optimal time to take an Uber/Lyft to the airport.

Day pass at Orlando airport Lounges.

• Like 7

27 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I think stay on ship then do lunch at Nikkis on the beach in South Beach.  Chill in a cabana. They open at 11am on Sunday

https://miami-beach.nikkibeach.com/event/daybeds-and-cabanas-2/

Edited by ninjacat123

42 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Next cruise we have a 5pm flight out of PC also. We will be self debarking as early as possible, get to airport and do a same day car rental. Cost for car right now is $60 which is the average price for airport transfer but we aren't leaving until May so it will prob go down. Last time we did it car cost was $35. That way we can go wherever and not worry about our luggage. NCL did offer a post cruise excursion to the space center but it was pricey, like twice as much as if we do it on our own.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 6:31 PM, Saint Greg said:

Then we got to whale watching. The whales were on the other side of the boat the whole time. They never spun it around even though they told us they would try to allow both sides to see them. So what I got is what I could capture with both arms stretched out as high as I could.

I’ll have to review the videos closer  but I think this is all of the highlights.

42F2FB5D-269D-43E6-8097-6956D0949809.jpeg

135E3E10-1CAC-4A74-B777-DA2FA11AD854.jpeg

CD7E5144-8509-4D84-A196-1C6FC7F9CB4E.jpeg

DE304292-FD35-404F-A5D5-8ACE596ACC32.jpeg

EA01A4D1-2168-44DB-B06C-745E5628169F.jpeg

0866EEAB-F307-4268-BD5A-750F566BB31F.jpeg

1576D399-1CDC-42F2-B712-8943EED877E3.jpeg

2A27EA4F-2E3F-4674-8ADD-EBFD037A0271.jpeg

Wow! I had no idea there were whales in the Caribbean. I did a whale watching excursion in Juneau, but did not realize they were in the Caribbean. 

• Like 3