What constellations in S. Caribbean are visible?

On the southern caribbean/Panama Canal route, which constellations are visible. Being so close to the equator, I was hoping to be able to view some of the southern constellations. Anyone out there know the answer?

On the southern caribbean/Panama Canal route, which constellations are visible. Being so close to the equator, I was hoping to be able to view some of the southern constellations. Anyone out there know the answer?

cb at sea:

It really depends on what time of year you are sailing and how far south the cruise ship travels. You can try this link (there are others on the internet as well)... http://domeofthesky.com/clicks/constlist.html You need to know your approximate location and time of year for most of the sites, but most have constellation maps you can view.

There is a little plastic constellation wheel you can buy at like toy 'r us or similar . It is about 8 inch square with a circle that you can move to simulate where in the world you are and then you not only can see where they are but the names etc. My son had one and used to travel everywhere with it.

I just tried looking it up at toysrus.com, couldn't find that, but I did come across this thing called the " Celestial Seeker" looks kind of cool. Go to toysrus.com and search for astronomy Good Luck

Sue

Archived