Does anyone know where Virgin docks in San Juan?

jrmende63

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2023 at 6:32 PM, jrmende63 said:

I did find out it  is Carnival's spot in old San Juan. Thanks for the help everyone!

Are they using Pier 4 (the yellow cruise terminal)?  I'll sailed out of there twice with Carnival, very fast and easy boarding from there.  I know that VV uses Pier 3 for port stops.  Glad to see that they are using Carnival's terminal for home porting.  So much better than the Pan American terminal!  I'm on the TA leaving from San Juan in April 2024, can't wait!

• Like 2

On 2/4/2023 at 9:01 PM, jrmende63 said:

I have just booked Brilliant Lady for April of 2024. I am trying to find out which pier Virgin uses. Pan American or Old San Juan? I want to know where to look for a hotel when the time comes. 

Thanks!

Julie

YES! We are on the December 30, 2023 sailing of the Brilliant Lady and I just spoke to our MRS coordinator yesterday. He said the ship will be docked at Pier 4 at the port in Old San Juan. 

• Like 5

Sheraton Old San Juan and Casablanca are my two favorite hotels in Old San Juan.  There are other really good options as well.  I really like those two because you can just walk over to the cruise pier from there on embarkation day.  Sheraton is the closest (right across the street) but sells out super quick because of that.  There is also a CVS right next door to the Sheraton for those "Oops, I forgot to pack items" before you board.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

YES! We are on the December 30, 2023 sailing of the Brilliant Lady and I just spoke to our MRS coordinator yesterday. He said the ship will be docked at Pier 4 at the port in Old San Juan. 

Thanks for confirming this!  We've already booked the Sheraton OSJ for a couple nights before our Brilliant sailing next Feb, but were thinking of changing it if Brilliant was going to use the Pan American terminal as a home port.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, scubagal44 said:

Thanks for confirming this!  We've already booked the Sheraton OSJ for a couple nights before our Brilliant sailing next Feb, but were thinking of changing it if Brilliant was going to use the Pan American terminal as a home port.  

Yes. He confirmed that. We are still planning to stay out at the Caribe Hilton. The beach is calling to us! Luckily it is only about a 10 minute drive to the ship. Can't wait to cruise on a brand new ship! 

• Like 2