Yacht Club cabanas

Beaver1975

1 hour ago, Beaver1975 said:

Are the cabanas in the Yacht Club, on the Seaside, available to reserve? Or are they assigned to certain cabins?

Aside from the ones automatically assigned to Royal Suite passengers, the remainder are available to reserve on a first come basis.

20 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

Do you know how much they cost. 

I believe Georgia Peaches mentioned it cost her $40 for the day. Recommend one do it in advance so the pool attendant/ butler puts the reserved sign on the proper chosen pergola, otherwise the chair hogs that get up early 'commandeer' them. (Yes, there are chair hogs in the Yacht Club).

Edited by morpheusofthesea

1 hour ago, morpheusofthesea said:

I believe Georgia Peaches mentioned it cost her $40 for the day. Recommend one do it in advance so the pool attendant/ butler puts the reserved sign on the proper chosen pergola, otherwise the chair hogs that get up early 'commandeer' them. (Yes, there are chair hogs in the Yacht Club).

$40/day almost sounds too reasonable! What's included, and what's the whole setup look like? On Carnival, they're getting $500 per day (yes, that is overpriced) on the Excel class ships.

Tom

10 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

$40/day almost sounds too reasonable! What's included, and what's the whole setup look like? On Carnival, they're getting $500 per day (yes, that is overpriced) on the Excel class ships.

Tom

Let us not confuse the cabanas/pergolas on Ocean Cay in the Yacht Club area around Ocean House $449 ? for the day to the cabana/pergolas on the ship in the One Pool Deck area. Not familiar with Carnival. Those cabanas/pergolas on the ship that are not assigned to the top suites are as Hamrag said "first come, first served" at no cost if no one that day reserves one at the $40 ? price. Never saw anyone 'commandeer' a cabana/pergola at Ocean Cay on a "first come, first serve' basis. These remain vacant unless paid for.

56 minutes ago, morpheusofthesea said:

Let us not confuse the cabanas/pergolas on Ocean Cay in the Yacht Club area around Ocean House $449 ? for the day to the cabana/pergolas on the ship in the One Pool Deck area. Not familiar with Carnival. Those cabanas/pergolas on the ship that are not assigned to the top suites are as Hamrag said "first come, first served" at no cost if no one that day reserves one at the $40 ? price. Never saw anyone 'commandeer' a cabana/pergola at Ocean Cay on a "first come, first serve' basis. These remain vacant unless paid for.

OK - so I'm gathering that the cabanas (pergolas) onboard are not "all that". Yep, I realize that they are different than what's at Ocean Cay. I'll have to go have a (virtual) look to see what we're talking about here.

Oh, here's an image of the cabanas on Loft 19 (Excel suite guest deck) from the Mardi Gras. Services there include:

Exclusive cabana perks include:

• Free lunch delivery
  • Chilled towels
  • Zero proof frozen refreshers
  • Ice cold bucket of bottled water (6 500ml)
  • A bottle of sparkling wine
  • Fresh fruit
  • Plush bathrobes
  • Full bar service
  • Dedicated attendant

For Carnival - those are significant perks, trust me! Is it worth $500/day (nope!). 

i-ZRmr9M3-L.jpg

23 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

so I'm gathering that the cabanas (pergolas) onboard are not "all that"

Here are those pergolas on the One Pool Deck. Similar to your photo. Had to have the roof toweled on Seashore. On Seascape the pergolas have these new white vinyl roof.

IMG_2589.jpeg

IMG_2155.jpeg

IMG_2587.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

According to the YC concierge on Seascape, other than the 4 cabanas reserved for the Royal & Owner's suites, the on-board YC cabanas are first come first served and no reservations are accepted. There is no charge to use them, but nothing "extra" (other than typical YC service) is included.  It's just the 2 loungers, small round table, roof & curtains.

And yes, there are cabana hogs in the YC that drop their "stuff" in a cabana early in the AM and then go do other things (including on-shore tours) for hours & hours and may never even return to actually use the cabana.  Last 2 weeks on Seascape there were always non-cabana loungers available on the YC One Pool deck (even with the chair hogs).

Didn't really see any YC interlopers during my recent 2 weeks on Seascape.  All the YC access doors seemed to work well and only allow those with YC cards/wristbands to enter unless those entering or exiting don't ensure others don't "piggyback"

YC staffers are almost constantly roaming around retrieving drinks and delivering food so I'm not sure they can keep track of who is or isn't using particular loungers or cabanas...

Two weeks ago on the Seascape, the cabanas often had stuff on them without anyone around.  I always wake up at 5:30 and usually read in bed until my wife wakes up.  On the last sea day, I decided to go up and get a cabana.  I was there at 5:30 reading.  Surprised a couple crew members.  At 7:00 people came and locked 2 Kyss bags to the other cabanas and left.  At 9:00 one guy sat on the lounge for about 5 minutes.  At 2:00 it started to rain and the people came for their Kyss bags and left without ever sitting in one of the cabanas.  They really should monitor the use and try to do something to let more people use them.  Kind of hard when people actually lock things to the cabana.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1