Noise Level of Crown Loft Suite on deck 17 overlooking the basketball court

I know this subject has been posted in the past but for whatever reason I could not find it. With that said we are considering booking a crown loft suite on deck 17 on the symphony of the seas. This will be during Easter week and it will overlook the basketball court. I'm curious as to your experiences if you stayed in this room on past cruises. Yes, I realize at times it may be noisy but I'm trying to assess how often, how loud etc. Granted we won't be on the balcony all day long. Your input would be appreciated. 

4 minutes ago, cruisinelmo said:

I know this subject has been posted in the past but for whatever reason I could not find it. With that said we are considering booking a crown loft suite on deck 17 on the symphony of the seas. This will be during Easter week and it will overlook the basketball court. I'm curious as to your experiences if you stayed in this room on past cruises. Yes, I realize at times it may be noisy but I'm trying to assess how often, how loud etc. Granted we won't be on the balcony all day long. Your input would be appreciated. 

Never thought it was too noisy but we're not people watchers so we didn't enjoy the view as much as the ocean facing.

I've done it (L2 aft facing loft).  With the sliding door closed, I never heard a peep.  It wasn't noisy even sitting outside.  Still prefer the side L1s though.

Edited by mk-ultra

Don't forget the visuals. 

At night with the curtains open everyone can see into the rear facing loft suites. 

On the side facing loft suites you can leave the curtains open and no one can see in, until you reach port and then only guests on the upper decks of tall ships have a chance to look in from across the pier.

On a sea day it's great waking up to ocean views from the two story glass wall of a side facing loft suite.  

• Like 1

If it is good enough for the Royal Loft Suite, it should be fine for the Crown lofts. We have stayed in the one next to the center, basketball side, and we loved it. No problem with noise from the court. The loud parties on the boardwalk were much louder.

We are trying our first oceanside one in a couple of months. As much as my happy place is watching the ocean, I am a bit worried it will get slightly monotonous and we will miss watching all the action on the back of the ship.  

14 hours ago, cruisinelmo said:

When sitting on the balcony in the afternoon what is the noise level?

Moderate....the aft facing CLS are defiantly in an active zone....similar to the boardwalk balconies. As mentioned in a prior post there is also a lack of privacy on the balcony and inside the cabin when the curtains are open. If it's quiet and calm you are looking for then look at the side ocean facing CLS's.

Edited by bajathree