Personal Car Parking at Ft Lauderdale Port?

inncntman

My wife and I are cruising from Ft Lauderdale, and this is the first time  that we have had to park a personal car at the port. Thus, I don't know where to park. and which option to use (the port's parking, or a private parking lot with shuttle), and how much time it will take.  Can anyone please share their advice and/or experience with parking at Ft Lauderdale's port? Thanks!!!!!

4 minutes ago, inncntman said:

My wife and I are cruising from Ft Lauderdale, and this is the first time  that we have had to park a personal car at the port. Thus, I don't know where to park. and which option to use (the port's parking, or a private parking lot with shuttle), and how much time it will take.  Can anyone please share their advice and/or experience with parking at Ft Lauderdale's port? Thanks!!!!!

Check out the Florida Departures forum which is where this post will probably be moved to.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/386-florida-departures/

• Like 1

Park at the port for convienience and ease. There are some outside port options but they have raised pricing that it's really not worth it. One word....driving to the port has become very popular since the restart and many more people are now driving...so advise get to the port earlier than later to avoid having to park in overflow parking.

Edited by bajathree

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2023 at 2:10 PM, hrhdhd said:

We park at Port Everglades. $15/day, relatively safe (we've seen accidents in the garage, but that's bad driving, not stolen cars), and close.

Do you know if parking in the heron parking garage by terminal 2 to enter the garage Do you still go up a ramp which is somewhat nearby the luggage drop off area? 

I have been dropped off the last you visits and noticed that that ramp that I've gone up when they opened up that garage initially seems to have the gate down and locked just wanted to make sure it's the same route unless they changed it.

12 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Do you know if parking in the heron parking garage by terminal 2 to enter the garage Do you still go up a ramp which is somewhat nearby the luggage drop off area? 

I have been dropped off the last you visits and noticed that that ramp that I've gone up when they opened up that garage initially seems to have the gate down and locked just wanted to make sure it's the same route unless they changed it.

I don't know, sorry. I haven't parked in that garage since before March 2020.